Chapter 40: You Don't Know My Name

A/N: from this chapter onwards, there will be a few time jumps. Also, You Don't Know My Name? Haven't heard that song in YEARS. Seriously, how old is that song?

**play You Don't Know My Name by Alicia Keys when you see (*) for a better read

———————————————

Hollywood Hills

Chaos. Zayn's house pulsed with the pure chaos of the wild party raging within its walls. Music thumped so loudly it seemed to make the very ground vibrate, and every room was packed with revelers indulging in endless streams of alcohol and other vices, lost in their own worlds of pleasure and excess. Amidst the sea of bodies and the haze of smoke, Camila moved gracefully through the streams of people, her striking beauty resulting in every man present to be drawn into her orbit. Her chestnut brown hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall, and her eyes sparkled under the dim lights. Her presence commanded attention; heads turned and whispers followed her every step, as she seemed to glide effortlessly, her radiant smile and enchanting laughter cutting through the debauchery like a beacon of allure and mystery. She wore a sleek, crimson dress that hugged her curves and shimmered in the dim, multicolored lights, a vision of perfection in an otherwise hedonistic whirlwind, making her the undeniable queen of this frenzied night.

Stood around in the kitchen were her friends, and some of Lauren's. After the intervention they all held for her, they all became closer than before, regularly hanging out. Zayn casually rested against the kitchen counter, his arms snugly wrapped around Dinah's waist. Normani stood nearby with Chico, suspiciously eyeing Zayn and Dinah, while Sean and Justin were scoping the area, their eyes scanning for women they deemed worthy enough for them to invite back to one the spare bedroom, where Justin had hoped to have his fun.

Camila strutted over to them, a gleaming smile lighting up her face. She hugged Dinah and Normani, but frowned when she noticed Nina's absence. "Where the hell in Nina?" She asked, rolling her eyes when they all shrugged.

"I think she went to Zayn's room with Paul." Dinah laughed.

Zayn pulled a face, grimacing in disgust. "God, I hope not."

The rest of them laughed, all thoroughly amused at Zayn's reaction, their collective mirth echoing through the room. Camila shuffled forward to stand next to Dinah, pulling her into what she liked to call a 'koala hug,' clinging to her with a playful intensity. She pressed a series of affectionate kisses on Dinah's cheek, each one punctuated with a giggle. Dinah, trying to maintain her composure, shoved her away by putting a hand against her face, exaggeratingly wiping her cheek as if to rid herself of the playful assault. Their shared laughter filled the space between them, a comforting sound that momentarily pushed away any lingering tension. Their joy was infectious, and just as they were about to fall into another bout of giggles, Sean and a rowdy Justin returned, the latter with a girl under each arm.

"What's cookin, good lookin," Justin slurred, his eyes bloodshot and a lazy grin on his lips. Camila shot him a weird look, but moved to hug him anyway. She pulled Sean in for a quick hug too, not missing the way his hand brushed against her ass. Camila pulled away, but stayed in his embrace, smirking at him. She glanced back over her shoulder, smiling in relief when she noticed everyone else was chatting amongst themselves. Camila's gaze wandered to the living room where the partygoers swayed to the rhythm, her eyes landing on her new fling, Lucy, appeared from the crowd, her eyes lighting up when she saw her. She was a slightly taller than Camila, with tousled brown hair and a confident stride, she made her way over to her.

Lucy and Camila had met once again at the restaurant where Lauren had taken her on their first date. But this time, Camila had gone there alone, heartbroken after Lauren had finally done the right thing for once in her life and checked herself into rehab. It didn't make it hurt any less, though. Sitting at the corner table, the same one where she had once shared a tender moment with Lauren, the emptiness felt like a physical weight pressing down on her chest, the feeling of shame and embarrassment also present at what something she'd done to spite her ex-girlfriend, something she'd most definitely never admit out loud, especially to Lauren. Not if she could help it. Lucy had been the one to take her order, and what started as a casual interaction quickly turned into something more. They ended up chatting, Lucy's easygoing nature offering a brief respite from Camila's sorrow.