..::Chapter 8::..

It was Saturday morning now. I was getting ready for some charity event the boys were attending and Sophia was going. So naturally, she decided to drag me along as well.

She had no reason not too. I didn't tell her about Monday and what conspired between Niall and I. So as far as Soph was concerned, I hadn't seen any of them since Sunday morning. And because she didn't know, I had no way of getting out of this brunch.

I hadn't talked to any of the other boys besides a quick text from Liam. That's right, I have Liam fucking Payne's phone number. Ha.

Anywho, he texted me saying thanks. Apparently Sophia told him what I said and how I made her go talk to him. They, of course, worked things out.

Their situation even inspired one of their writers to write a song about it. It was called 'Dream' or 'Fantasy' or something. I wasn't allowed to hear it but Soph said it was amazing. I can't wait.

I knew I was overthinking the whole Niall situation on Monday but I'd come to the conclusion that I was over it. If Niall couldn't see past my looks long enough to notice my personality then screw him.

I know I say that now but my plan will go to shambles as soon as I see him.

A relationship with Niall would be great I'm sure but I've only just met him, really. Sure I know almost everything there is to know about him from behind a screen but this is the real Niall. Nothing I've learned about him has diminished what I've learned online but it's so much more. Online there are just facts about him. Niall's so much more than facts and people forget that he's a real person.

Yeah, my plan has already gone to shit just thinking about him. I want to be his friend, but not if I feel like shit around him.

It was almost 12 and Liam had sent a car to pick me up. I walked downstairs to the bar to wait.

"Look at you miss classy." Ava said as I walked into the room.

She was so pregnant. I wasn't sure when her due date was but she had to be overdue.

"Still pregnant I see." I laughed.

"Yeah, the doctor said any day now. And that was two weeks ago." She exclaimed.

Ava walked into the kitchen leaving Brayden and I.

Our relationship was weird. I mean he's my boss and landlord and that's about it. We weren't friends, we were coworkers. I didn't exactly want to be alone with him because I didn't know what to say.

"You look nice today." Brayden said, without looking up, as he continued to slice up a lemon.

The compliment took me by surprise to say the least. I looked down at myself.

I was wearing a simple yellow dress that had a light floral design on it. It went to just above my knee and had some two inch straps. On my feet were simple white flats. My hair was back in a low bun with all pearl jewelry, fake of course. There were white gloves in my hands as well. My whole look was complete innocence.

I'd never been to a tea party before, let alone one in England, but from the movies I've watched and the pictures I've seen... this is the best I've got.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled lightly, even though he wasn't looking at me.

Finally looking up, he said, "I have a favor to ask."

I wasn't sure what I could possibly do for him but by the serious look on his face I knew he wasn't going to simply ask me to fetch something for him.

I climbed up onto the barstool in front of him and nodded, yearning him to continue.

"I'm going out of town today and I'm not meant to be back until Tuesday. I'm meeting with some potential new suppliers. This baby doesn't seem to want to come out and with my luck it will while I'm gone. I would like it if you could keep an eye on Ava. I know she's fully capable of handling herself but she shouldn't be alone right now."