..::Chapter 27::..

The ringing of Sophia's phone cut my confession off.

"Ope, hold that thought Jess."

She dried her hand quickly and held her phone up to her ear. I stayed motionless and speechless as my erratic heartbeat pounded in my ears from the words that were about to spill from my mouth.

"Hiya... Just in the hot tub chillin with Jess... No, we plan on just staying in tonight... Uh, okay, love you too, bye."

I assumed by the 'love you too' that it was Liam she had just talked to. But now she had an odd look on her face.

"That was weird." She mentioned.

"Why?"

"Liam just asked what we're up to and then basically hung up." She shook her head and placed her phone back on the edge of the deck. "Anyway, what were you saying?"

Here we go again.

"Oh, um, basically, what I wanted to say was that, uh, me and, I mean, Ni-"

Oh, for fuçks sake.

I was interrupted once again by the abrupt opening of the back door. Both mine and Sophia's heads turned in the direction of the sound.

"Babes!" Liam cheered whilst throwing his hands up in the air which held a bottle of wine in each.

As frustrated as I was about being cut off once again, I was equally, if not more, excited to see Louis trailing behind Liam. I hadn't seen either of them since the party at Brody's house as well, so it was nice to be given the chance to catch up.

Sophia hopped out of the hot tub and ran toward Liam. She hugged him tightly and pecked him quickly before diving in for more.

"Oh, give it a rest you two." Louis shoved the snogging couple aside as he came over to me. "Ello, love. How are ya?"

"Hey buddy, I'm good. How are you?" I giggled at the scene.

My head was resting on my arms that were folded on top of the deck.

"I'd be better if I got the same greeting as Liam." Louis winked with his arms open, welcoming me.

I scoffed at him and shook my head. "You're cute, but no." I giggled.

"I'm only joking, love. But seriously, get out and dry off cause I want a hug but I don't wanna get soaked."

I giggled again before swimming over to the step. But when I was about to walk out, my insecurities set in and I froze. They had never seen me in anything so revealing. I was comfortable around the guys, sure, but that didn't mean I was comfortable in a bathing suit in front of them...

"Uh, Louis? Can you fetch me a towel please?" I squeaked, basically admitting every imperfection I was feeling.

"Awe, Jess, you look fine. Don't feel insecure." Sophia waved me off before turning back to Liam.

Thank you Sophia, for drawing attention to my dilemma.

"I got you, Jess!" Someone yelled from the door.

I looked up to see it was Harry, obnoxiously waving a towel around and jogging over to the edge of the hot tub.

"My savior! Thank you, Harry. And hi." I smiled as I reached up for the towel but he pulled it away.

"Ah, ah, ah." He wagged his finger, "you'll have to come out and geeet itttt." He sang.

I was so annoyed at this point. I was silently suffering and no one was helping me. Couldn't they see how uncomfortable I was?