..::Chapter 22::..

Jess' POV

"So who else knows about this?" Sam's voice asked through my headphones.

"Only you and Niall."

I had just finished telling Sam through Skype about the whole altercation with Brody. Some tears were shed while I relived how scared I was in those moments. I told Sam the whole story, pretty much step-by-step. Which was something I hadn't even done with Niall and didn't plan to. Niall didn't need to know how he hurt me.

"And you're sure you don't want Niall to do anything about it?" He asked rather baffled.

"Yes Sam. It'll just cause more problems. I almost never see him anyways." I snapped. I was getting frustrated with having to repeat myself.

"But what happens when you do? You'll be forced through all these emotions all over again. Hold him responsible, Jess." He pleaded.

"Who am I even supposed to tell? And it's his word against mine. He obviously has money and probably knows too many important people that could flip this situation and make me look like I took advantage of him or something. I'm fine." My anger was obviously misguided but I didn't care. The pain and embarrassment of this whole situation was getting to me.

"Doesn't you knowing One Direction and dating one of them count for something? I'm sure if the rest of them knew what happened, they'd help you out." He fought back.

"I don't want the rest of them knowing..." I exhaled in annoyance. "Can we please just drop this?" My head hurt from trying to deal with every emotion I was feeling.

"Okay, fine sorry. I still think you should tell someone. But that's your decision." He huffed. He was just as frustrated as myself.

An awkward silence fell in the space between us. The space between my laptop and I was only about a foot but the real space between my best friend and I was over 6,000 km. I hated fighting with him because we seldom ever did. He only ever looked out for my best interest like the protective older brother I never had but I desperately wanted to forget about Brody and those stolen kisses.

When I was about to break the tension my door flung open.

"Jess, are you still going to shower first or can I just hop in right now?" Charlie blurted out.

"Oh, you can go first I guess. I'm just talking to your brother."

"Sam!" Charlie lunged forward and grabbed my laptop, "Hey, how are you?!"

"Hello, Charlotte..." Sam whined.

"I guess I'll leave you guys to it." I laughed, and walked into the bathroom to start my shower before work.
_________

"Thanks guys! Have a good night!" I said to the last couple that had just walked out.

It was around 2:30 a.m. and I was closing up shop with Brayden and Charlie. Charlie was putting chairs on tables while Brayden began to stock the bar. Johnny was probably in the back cleaning off his grill or something.

For a Thursday night, it was busier than usual. There were two birthdays and a bachelorette party within the same night. We even had to call Lily down for a couple hours just to have an extra helping hand. We did well though. We had a strong team.

I was slightly annoyed though. Couples upon couples came in and did cute coupliy things like held hands or had an arm around the waist of the other. I had yet to experience anything like that, outside of in private I mean. The possessive and protective aspect of a relationship that shines when placed in the public eye. Our time will come I guess.