..::Chapter 11::..

I mentally prepared myself for what was to come. Right when I thought I could handle the kiss... Niall moved away.

Uhm.

I instantly wanted to cry but thought better of it. We were about 2 feet away. I looked down at my arm and realized I had goosebumps rising on the surface of my skin.

"Oh you're cold... I'll uh, go get you a jumper." Niall struggled to say but still managed to say too quickly.

I was speechless. I really didn't know what to think. Had I read the whole situation wrong? Did we really not just have a moment? Or did he notice my intention and freak out? I wanted to run. Run far away from this house and swim home, like Canada home.

Niall returned swiftly with the sweater and handed it to me. I didn't even smile when he did this, just slightly nodded my head.

The kitchen was getting smaller and smaller and I couldn't breathe anymore. So, I grabbed the chocolate and headed back outside.

Okay, game face Jess.

I tossed the chocolate at Louis and took an empty seat. Pulling the sweater over my head, I realized Oli was staring at me. When I looked at him he motioned his head mouthing, "Come here." I politely shook my head and actually gave a hint of a smile.

Niall hadn't come out yet and I was dreading the moment that someone asked about him. However, that moment never came because he strolled out with the rest of the supplies and threw them at Liam. He held a blank expression, mirroring mine.

The sweater smelled amazing and I hated that but I wasn't about to take it off. I pulled the sleeves over my hands and pulled the neck line up to my nose and just sat there.

You know when you just stare blankly into the fire? It wasn't even like I was thinking about Niall or anything in particular at that point. I was hypnotized by the burning embers that were going through waves of variation of colour.

I must have zoned out because I didn't even notice the fact that Liam had given everyone a stick to roast their marshmallows on and was waiting for me to take mine.

"Oh sorry, I zoned out." I weakly replied.
___________

That's how the rest of the night basically played out.

It was one great big zone out. I couldn't tell you one conversation I had because I didn't really participate. I'd nod or shake my head when it was necessary, even throw in the odd "mhmm" to keep everyone off my tracks. I did however notice that Niall was just as spaced out as I was.

"So, Jess, how are you getting home?" Liam asked.

It was almost 1 am.

"I was just planning on cabbing it." I told him.

"Horan, you drag the girl over here and don't drive her home? Whatta gentleman." Louis piped up.

"I had every intention of driving her home." Niall stated without looking up from the now just burning embers.

My mind was conflicted on whether or not I wanted him to drive me home. I decided I was upset about it, even though my heart had its own conclusion.

There were three cars in the driveway, not including Niall's. Each of the boys had driven themselves with the exception of Oli, Louis drove him home. Liam drove Soph and Cassy, while Harry was on his own.

We said our goodbyes and whatnot. The boys actually had a busy week ahead of them. I didn't know why exactly, due to my mind being elsewhere, but I knew it involved multiple plane rides. So our goodbyes were more long term.