..::Chapter 13::..

Friends. Once a beloved tv show, was now a word that put a sour taste in my mouth.

Niall and I didn't end up hanging out that Monday because Sydney had a fever and Brayden had to bring her to the hospital. She was fine but with being new parents, their initial reaction is to overreact.

I had basically become Brayden's right hand man, well woman. I had taken the place of Ava with respect to what she did for the pub. I handled payroll, deposits, general bookkeeping, at least until Ava was able to come back. She was still very frequent among the joint. She'd pop in every now and then with Sydney, showing her off to the regulars and helping me out with my new job duties.

Even though Niall and I were just friends, we still decided to keep it a secret. No need to worry Sophia over nothing.

Speaking of Sophia, I had hungout with her Wednesday night. That was supposed to be Niall and I's rescheduled hangout but when Sophia asked I couldn't exactly say no without lying about Niall.

Niall and I had decided to keep our friendship a secret by walking on a very thin line of truth. Let me explain, we decided it would be best, in case we were ever discovered, if we refrained from lying to Sophia or any of the boys. We wouldn't lie, we would just simply not tell the whole truth. We knew if we ever did fight with anyone about our secret friendship that that argument wouldn't exactly hold up but it made us feel better about the secrecy.

We kept in contact this time though. Throughout the week we tried to fit in this hangout but our schedules simply wouldn't allow it. I was either working or with Sophia and he was either working or golfing with other famous people. Tonight things worked out though.

It was Friday night. The night was beautiful and it was ours. I desperately wanted to be planning a romantic walk or a cuddly night in. Given the circumstances though, I was not. I had no clue what tonight would bring. I wasn't even sure what I wanted it to bring.

Part of me wanted the night to end in us kissing but I knew it wasn't something I'd feel good about after. So the other part of me wanted things to go smoothly. I wanted to have a nice, fun, innocent night. To prove we could get on just as friends.

Niall: Get in bitch! We're going shopping!!!

I jumped up from the couch knowing full well that we were not going shopping. I wasn't sure what we were going to do. We were quite limited due to the fact that we couldn't exactly be seen in public. So odds are we'd head back to his house and simply chill.

I was wearing black jeans rolled into capris, with a long grey cardigan and a black tank top. Mustn't forget my Nike's.

"Well, well. If it isn't a walking, talking shamrock." I said as I buckled up my seatbelt.

"Haha, shut it ya maple leaf." He laughed.

He pulled away from the Kildare and we took off.

"So what are we doing on this beautiful summer night in London, England?"

"I don't know really... We can head back to my place and I can beat you in Fifa?" He smirked.

"Well, that's not gunna happen."

That's where we headed nonetheless, as I predicted.

My head was against the headrest as I turned it to look at him. He was wearing a black shirt with grey shorts and a SnapBack. Clearly dressed down and for pure comfort. It brought me comfort knowing that. That he was comfortable enough with me to not try. Granted he's a guy and that's not as big of a deal to them but it still made me feel a bit important.

"You've driven in the states before right?" I randomly asked.

"Yeah, and Canada."

"Did you find it weird or hard to get used to? Cause like, you're on the other side of the road and car?" I was genuinely curious.