..::Chapter 16::..

FOLLOW ME FOR CHAPTER 15, UNFOLLOW AFTER I'M DONE THE BOOK

Dedicated to SairahKhan98 because she's been super supportive. This updates for you gurl!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess' POV

I groaned and turned towards the center of the bed, just to discover that I was alone.

My thoughts and feelings I had before I fell asleep were still intact. I still didn't regret last night but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified to face Niall. I needed to know how he felt but I also wanted to avoid that knowledge.

Last night felt different. A good different. Nothing we did was new to me but with Niall it meant more. I did it because I had feelings for him, not because I was too sexually frustrated and needed that release. That had never happened to me before. I'd never had feelings fuel my need to touch another human being like that. And that scared the hell out of me.

I was still in my undergarments and Niall's black shirt. I slid out of the bed and made it loosely before grabbing a pair of his boxers and putting him on. I tiptoed down the hall and into the grand room.

Niall was sitting on the edge of the couch watching tv with his elbows on his knees. He was shirtless and in grey shorts. He had a stern look on his face, he was so focused on whatever he was watching. He looked up and noticed me, his lips parting a bit.

"Uh hi." He stood up and scratched the back of his head.

"Hey." I crossed my arms in a self conscious way.

Niall wasn't smiling or smirking or anything I had hoped he'd be doing. His reaction to my presence seemed to catch him off guard and he looked confused. He didn't know his next move which made me nervous. Because of who I am, I assumed the worst. Was he itching to kick me out and just didn't know how to go about it? Did he regret it?

"I'm sorry." He finally said.

"Sorry?" There was nothing to apologize for from my point of view so I got anxious.

"Ya, for last night. I didn't mean for it to happened." He rubbed his neck.

"Oh."

He did regret it.

"I'm just gunna change." I grabbed my dress off of the arm of the couch and went to the bathroom.

I didn't know how to respond. I could feel my eyes beginning to fill up with tears and I refused to cry from this. Well, in front of him anyway. This was my own fault because I moved too quickly. I let my feelings for him push me solely and act fast. It wasn't Niall's fault he wasn't interested, it was mine for pushing my interest on him.

I couldn't stay here any longer. My welcome was definitely overstayed and the last thing I wanted was a 25 minute car ride with him. By now, I knew Niall's address so I called a cab. I didn't care about the cab fare because the boys, or someone, had pretty much paid for everything every time we went out to these events. So I had the money to cover it.

I fixed my dress on my body and wiped my face the best I could. A few tears had fallen so I waited a minute to try and rid myself of my red eyes.

I snuck out of the bathroom and headed towards his room, placing his folded clothes on his bed. Next, I walked to the front door. Niall was watching a soccer game or something and I saw him steal a glance at me.

I was trying to slip my heels on quickly when he caught me, "Oh, do you want me to drive you home? Just let me grab a shirt." He got up and took long strides to the hall.