Chapter Four: Love At First Babysitter?

FOUR
_______

Noelle

"Elle! Good morning! It's great to see you again!" Denise greeted cheerfully one morning.

You know, I never understood how people can be so positive and energized in the AM hour, but maybe it depended on the situation they were in; Me, always waking up anywhere within the PM, tried my best to give it back.

I mean, there was no need to complain, like, look where I stood in life right now? Was there really a need to complain or hate the morning with a task like this?

"Hello! Good morning back!" I bowed my head a little, growing my smile, like if I hadn't overslept an hour ago.

Denise stood aside, awaiting for me to take a step inside the home eagerly.

"Please, come in. I apologize for the rush to get you in, but our morning has been so chaotic. We have to leave immediately. Finn has been-"

"No worries. I got it all covered." I spoke out confidently.

I didn't have it all covered, but it was the thought that count. It had only been a few days of babysitting the kids, but it was starting to become a habit that I began to enjoy.

"You're the best. Thank you. You have our cell in case of anything! Greg, let's go!" Denise almost shouted, shoving her phone onto her bag.

I flinched a little at the shout, but giggled and proceeded onto the warm living room to be eyed by an eight month old in his caged play-mat on the rugged floor, struggling to stand in place.

"Hello, baby. Let's start our day." I kneeled.

I found myself in the kitchen later that day, attempting to feed puree food to a messy baby, while also watching a six year old eat his cereal on top of the counter.

"What is your name?" Theo asked randomly, taking a spoonful of the milk bowl.

I lowered the spoon away from Finley and blinked at Theo's curiosity.

"W-What? My name? I never introduced myself to you?" I spoke out, almost asking the question to myself.

"Nooo. Mommy said you are sitter?" The child spoke out again with the accent.

I grew a smile and laughed at the words coming out of him, placing the spoon back onto the baby food and leaned against the counter.

"Hmm, well, how bad of me of not introducing myself. My name is Elle. What is your name?"

"Ella?" Theo squinted, ignoring half of my sentence.

Laughing again, I shook my head, "Ha! No, no, my name is Elle. E-L-L-E. Like the the letter L. Think of the letter L for my name, yeah?" I taught.

"L?" He pronounced.

"Yeah, exactly. L." I joked. "What's your name, huh?"

Theo smiled and laughed. "You know my name!"

My brows rose at his memory and I chuckled, "Oh, you got me. My bad, Theo. It's nice to meet you." I extended a hand.

Theo hesitated a little, putting the cereal bowl down and came in contact with my hand; both of our hands greeting.

"Nice to meet yah, L."

Niall

"So, what's the plan for today, lover?!"