Chapter Thirty: And A Half

THIRTY AND A HALF
_______
wrote this chapter at 3am so i'm sorry for any spelling words uwu

Niall

Agreeing to tour one of the busiest cities in America on the most busiest holiday at the most busiest shopping stores was the worst decision I could've ever made. Probably the biggest risk of my life, but I began to get use to the risk. I trusted Elle. I really did.

"I can't even recognize you with all those layers of clothes." Elle laughed at me that next day.

We did come to an agreement that I'll stay the night since it had been late already. The plan was to wake up midday and tour the city, if we had the chance. Luckily, we did, but Elle had suggested to layer up the clothing for safety knowing that Chicago was nothing compared to Dublin. Especially during the holidays.

"I know. I feel cozy in here. Aren't you going to layer up?" I furrowed my brows at her.

Elle shrugged, "Born and raised here, Horan. You adjust to the weather."

"Great. I'm quite jealous now." I elbowed.

"Also, I get really sweaty in crowded places, so I like to keep a lighter layer to feel the breeze." Elle admitted.

Adjusting my hat, I gave a nod. "You mentioned you were claustrophobic, right?"

I did overhear Elle say that she hated tight or crowded places. I didn't blame her. I, myself, was claustrophobic too. Yeah, I was famous and got to experience the biggest crowds throughout the years, but the feeling never truly goes away.

"Y-Yeah, sadly." She looked down, ashamed.

"It's alright, I get claustrophobic too. That makes two of us." I smiled. "Guessing we are keeping ourselves off the crowded places today."

"Of course. It wasn't my intention to take you anywhere crowded anyways. You've risked enough on this trip already, I don't want to make it any worse." Elle sighed.

I knew she felt guilty for the entire thing. Yeah, it was a huge risk, but I've done many adventures like this without getting caught. It was nothing new, so I didn't have any worry. It just seems funny how Elle worried more than I did.

"Hey, enough with the risk. Let's make this day worth it, yeh? I want to be a normal Chicago citizen for today. Not Niall Horan." I pointed. "Call me..call me, Alex."

Elle scoffed at my made-up name for the day and nodded.

"O-Okay, Alex. You ready for the VIP tour?"

"Never been ready." I smiled.

We didn't actually start the tour when we reached the city. I had to check-out from the previous hotel booking at the Hyatt before actually starting anything, so while that was taking place, Elle had sat patiently at the lobby, looking at her surroundings.

"Ya know, for someone that's from Chicago, you seem pretty fond of a hotel." I smirked, going up to her.

Elle's eyes stopped admiring the chandelier hanging from the hotel lobby and laughed.

"Y-Yeah, I never said I've been to the fancy places. I don't think I'll find myself checking in on a hotel at my own city."

"Right. Well, check-out is done." I wiggled over my card, "I'm ready for the Chicago tour, tour guide."