Chapter Twenty-Six: Monthly Hangovers

TWENTY SIX

This chapter is dedicated to the song
"Say You Won't Let Go"
By James Arthur

_______

Niall

"Elle." I spoke out later that night.

Her body swayed in the middle of the place; arms swinging as she let herself loose over the old lad that played the fiddle at the end of the small bar.

Elle was drunk. I should've known her tolerance the moment she began mixing the testers with the bartender, but she insisted that she'll be fine and that everything was handled well. I didn't truly trust her words, but it was her first time. She'll learn.

"Ya got a first timer there, eh? Look at her go! Dance, pretty girl!" The old man spoke from afar.

He continuously played the instrument in his hand while Elle just wobbled around, pretending like she knew the Irish music, and laughed.

I wasn't going to lie, I did enjoy seeing the transition of Elle trying to measure her drinking to forgetting all about it. It seemed like she grew more expressive and funnier as the drinks traveled onto her system, but I also had to think realistically and watch her well.

"It's gonna be quite a night for the lady." Ryan, the bartender pointed, "Memorable night."

I sighed, pressing my body against the bar table as I rested on the high stool, my eyes never leaving Elle.

"Yep. Probably the worst hangover she's gonna have thanks to ya, Ryan." I joked to him. "All cus' they were on the house."

I was drinking along with her, but I had my limits. I've had so many years of good and bad experiences with drinking, I knew my own tolerance. So, when I began to sense Elle get more talkative than usual, I sobered up real quick and called it a night for myself.

"She keeps spinning there." Ryan pointed to my side, a look of concern and laughter coming off him.

My brows furrowed when I noticed Elle spin around the end of the bar, almost losing her balance and it was a good sign that the night between us was over. The least I wanted was for her to be embarrassed when she realizes what she was doing.

"Alright, I think this calls it. Come 'ere," I let out a breath, hoping off the stool.

When I was near Elle, my hands slowly extended and tried stopping her from spinning, but she had been so full of adrenaline, she slipped away from me and almost tripped. Luckily, I grabbed her from the shoulders pretty well and stopped her.