Chapter Twenty-Seven: Argument

TWENTY SEVEN
_______

Noelle

Maybe, if I jumped off the balcony, I could've avoided the situation, but realistically, the stain was still going to be in those white bedsheets. There was no escape from this. I needed to think well and clear. Nothing helped when it was the morning of my first hangover too.

"Shit." I closed my eyes, still standing on the side of the bed. "Phone! Where's my phone?" I breathed out, thinking like if a phone was magically going to solve all this.

My hands stumbled against the whole bed, searching for a phone, but no device was in sight. Instead, there was a glass of water on a nightstand with two small pills beside it.

All my worries went away within that minute. All I thought about was how caring and patient Niall must've been with me last night. I was probably an embarrassment, which was another worry to think about, and yet, he still made sure I was okay. I couldn't even imagine how much he did for me. I didn't deserve him.

My fantasy comfort went away when a knock echoed from the bedroom door.

Body freezing and heart beating, I looked around the bed, trying to figure out how to solve my own problem. I could've gathered up the stained sheets into a ball and washed them immediately, but I had no time. Instead, I found myself sitting back onto the mattress, bringing the blankets over me.

"C-Come in." I cleared my throat.

I shouldn't have felt nervous seeing Niall enter the bedroom. He probably saw the worst of me the last few hours, there was nothing to hide anymore. This should be normal by now, right?

He had placed a few papers on top of his dresser and as I eyed him, I noticed he had been wearing black sweatpants with running shoes, hinting to me that he wasn't actually home the entire morning until now. I hope I didn't scare him away. I had enough to deal with already.

"You're awake." Niall spoke out, hands in his pockets as he swayed. "How ya feeling there?"

His blue eyes stared in concern, almost like if he knew something was wrong. I hoped my expressions weren't giving anything away.

"I-I'm alright. Awful, but alright." I answered.

At last, a small laugh came off him from my confusing answer and he nodded.

"Got it. Ya might want to take the ibuprofen. That hungover traditional headache isn't gonna go away." He pointed.

I looked over at the pills that I had previously seen before and nodded.