Chapter Twenty-One: 31 Days Later

TWENTY ONE

_______

Noelle

It had only been a month since Niall's departure. I could've pretended like a month was nothing, but honestly, it felt like years without him now. I hated myself for being so weak on the thought, but I was getting to know him so well in a short amount of time, who knew what could've happened if he stayed longer.

"Wow, you really took that tan advantage on that monthly vacation." I hugged my aunt tightly. "How was Hawaii? Did the kids enjoy it?"

My aunt, Ana, had finally returned from her long resort trip from Hawaii. Though, I should've been relief that she was back after so long, it made me a bit of upset realizing that I might not be babysitting for The Horan's or anyone else if she took the job position back.

"Damn right, I took advantage of that hot ass weather! It was amazing. The kids loved it, we might as well live out there. We definitely need to go together one day!" Ana cheered.

I smiled, "Considering you left for more than scheduled...I wouldn't be surprised."

She scoffed at my humor and sat onto the sofa of the apartment.

"I wish! Anyways, tell me...how does it feel being employed? My sister said you've been enjoying it really well. Emphasis on enjoying." Ana mimicked.

I rolled my eyes knowing that my mother had possibly already updated Ana on my babysitting skills along with this whole Niall Horan situation.

"Well, it's going pretty well. It would've been nice if you gave me a heads-up that I'll be working for the god damn Horan's?!"

Ana rose her brows at my news, "What? Horan's? I know your mom mentioned that you-oh my god, wait, I remember. Horan, as your Niall Horan, correct? He's a father now?"

I panicked at the assumption and laughed.

"N-No. Thankfully." I murmured. "But, I'm babysitting his nephews."

"Huh, look at that. What a small world. Ironic isn't? You were so obsessed with that guy for so long and now...wow! Shit, that's so cool." Ana spoke to herself.

I just stood there, leaning against the stool and gave a small nod. "Small world."

"Was he there? Did he handle your fangirling? I swear, if I had taken the position myself, I wouldn't had hesitated about mentioning you and then-"

"Actually..." I took a small breath, cutting Ana off knowing that it wasn't easy as it seemed, almost the same conversation I've told my mother as she reacted. "It's a long story."

It took a good half hour to explain the entire situation between the friendship I grew with Niall Horan to the truth about what I've been hiding between those weeks. Luckily, she was more understandable than my mom.

"Whoa...that's pretty-"

"Bad of me? I know. I tried telling him multiple times, but I got caught off guard and then like, he left already, so it didn't even matter and-"

"No, no. I meant like...I think that's pretty cool. He's getting to know you for yourself. I feel like if he knows you were a fan or something, he'll treat you like one. I don't know. This is exciting. I can't believe this happened over a position I gave you. How fun!" Ana squealed to herself.