Chapter Nine: Babysitting WITH Niall

NINE

________

This chapter is really short and I was going to delete, but it's kinda cute to delete, plus its a big move on Elle and Niall's relationship.

Noelle

We didn't actually start watching the movie until Finley began taking his second nap, which was like an hour later. So, what happened between that hour you say?

"Ahhh yes! I WON AGAIN! Yes!" Theo jumped with excitement as he placed the last red chip of Connect Four.

All three of us surrounded the coffee table while we sat on the carpet of the living room. We had played Connect Four about five times the last hour, Niall winning one, Theo winning 2 and me, winning the rest.

"This game is a fraud. No way two kids won over me!" Niall said sarcastically.

Niall must've been the most competitive person I've ever met and it was quite enjoyable seeing him not win something for once.

"Kids?" I scoffed. "You're the one sitting on the floor with us playing a 4+ year game!" I laughed at him.

Niall rolled his blue eyes, "Yer' right. Was very fun."

Theo stood up and looked over to the side. "Can we watch a movie now? Finley is asleep! Look!" He pointed at his little brother, sleeping peacefully on the carpet beside us.

"You're right. Here, let's pick up and put Finley on his swing-"

"I'll put the game back. You can place little Fin on the swing while we pick the movie." Niall looked over to me.

Niall was in such a dad mode, I couldn't help, but think how he would actually be when he becomes a father; whoever he ends up with in the future will be really, really, lucky.

"Can we have popcorn too, L? Me mum always puts popcorn with movies." Theo spoke again.

I blinked at Theo before giving a nod. There was no way I was going to say no to him. He's behave so well and has been well mannered, he deserved the world.

"Yeah, totally. I'll go find them."

I stood like a dumbass on that kitchen for a while. I had no clue where the popcorn was and I didn't want to make any noise to distract them from picking a movie.

Beginning to open cabinet by cabinet, checking each one where the popcorn and snacks could possibly be, it took me a good minute to finally come across them.

"Of course you guys had to be right on top of the fridge." I whispered to myself, trying to find ways to get them without embarrassing myself.

My height difference from the top of the fridge and me was impossible; the only way I could've gotten them was to jump over the sink and reach them just like I did back when I was younger to get cereal.