Chapter Ten: Movie-thon

TEN

TEN

_______

Noelle

One movie turned into a whole movie marathon the rest of the afternoon with Niall Horan. And I say Niall because after COCO ended, Theo wanted to watch The Secret Life of Pets only to daze off mid-movie before falling asleep just like his little brother.

"Look at that, mate left us watching a movie of talking pets." Niall hoarse a whisper at the sight of sleeping Theo.

I smiled down at the napping child and played with his hair.

"It was funny movie compared to the first one. I sure needed that laugh." I admitted.

"Yer' right." Niall stared at the black television screen. "Any recommendation?" He played with the control in hand.

I rose a brow, "A-Another movie?"

I didn't say it in a bad way. Please, I could watch millions of movies with Niall, I could care less about that. It was the way that went along with it. There was no signs of boredom with either of us.

"Watcha mean? You don't like watching tellie? Or am I the problem?" Niall looked over to me.

Surely, he wasn't the problem. I was just in a state of shock.

"Whoa, I never said anything. I'm down for movie marathons. I can watch movies all day." I admitted with a laugh.

"Have ya watched, Grease?" He suggested.

I cringed at the movie title for a second. It was one of my dad's favorite movies and I spent almost every single day of my childhood watching it. I had every song and dialogue engraved in my head. It was traumatizing now.

"A million times." I said panicky.

Niall

A whole day watching movies with the family babysitter. How crazy was that? Was that something the Niall Horan would do on his one and only vacation week? No, not really, but I was enjoying every hour of it.

I enjoyed meeting new people, especially ones that didn't just look at me as a celebrity. Speaking with Elle in my hometown felt like making a new childhood friend again.

"Well, let's stick in the children category then. Erm, Frozen? Actually, no. Watched it a million times too." I laughed to myself.

"I heard Inside Out is a very...psychological, humorous movie. It was a big hit in America a few years back. Never really got the chance to see it." Elle confessed.

I squinted at the television in front of us, knowing I needed to get my glasses and went along with her sentence.

"America, I see. When was the last time ya were there? If ya don't mind me asking."

I wanted to know her life. I didn't know why, but everything that came out of her mouth felt interesting to me and relatable.

"Um, I usually go there often. Mostly every thanksgiving with my dad. So, once...twice a year? Depends. I'm still adjusting with the whole time difference thing." She laughed.

"Phew, tell me about it. You'll get use to it." I laughed back. "And thanksgiving ya say? One of my favorite holidays. Great food and warm homes...just round' the corner now." I closed my eyes, rubbing my belly at the thought.

"Do you even celebrate?" Elle joked at me.

"What just because I'm Irish I can't celebrate?" I frown. "Course' I celebrate when I get the chance. It's an excuse to enjoy the food more; eat more than usual."

"Oh, well yeah. That's pretty smart." She agreed.

We weren't able to finish the movie. It wasn't until Finely woke up halfway and we had to watch it carefully before he cried out in hunger or boredom.

Elle swayed around the living room with Finley, showing him around near the fireplace while I tried waking Theo from his long nap now.

"Look, that's your mommy, daddy...big brother Theo. Oh, hey, that's your uncle Niall. When he was blonde?" Elle laughed at the frames in the fireplace.

"Back in my blonde and sexy days. The day Theo was born actually." I said from the distance.

"What made you not be blonde?" She asked in curiosity.

Flashbacks of my hair damaged, lots of products and overheating haunted me resulting into fried hair; days I never really want to go back to.

"Um, it got really time-consuming."

"Are mum and dad here, yet?"

I turned to my side to see Theo's sleepy eyes opening after a good nap and I smiled.

"Hey, kiddo. Welcome back and uh, yeh, they'll be home pretty soon...right?"

I can see Elle turn to me with the baby in hand and thought for a second, "They're usually back around 6. Depends. I don't really measure the timings." She admitted.

"So, you're here from morning to night? Ya can handle all that for so many hours?" I said in shock.

"What do you mean all that?" Elle laughed, beginning to change Finley's diaper on the sofa. "It's alright. There's not much to do at home, I'm always alone. This is probably the most out I've been."

"Is this your favorite family?" I teased.

"Actually, this is my first." She kept her eyes on Finley, "I'm covering for my aunt while she is away. I'm not actually an experienced pro."

My brows rose at her truth and I'm sure she regretted what she said because she immediately let out a sigh.

"Wow, I should've never said that, right. It makes me look unprofessional—"

"No, no. Yer' fine. I'm just surprised, honestly. For someone inexperienced you've done a lot already. You're a natural." I complimented. "I'm quite amazed."

"T-Thanks. I do my best." Elle smiled.

"Well, you are the best...for Theo and Finn." I smiled back.

______________

sorry if the story is slow i promise it gets better ok