Chapter Nineteen: Apologies

NINETEEN

NINETEEN

_______

Noelle

Three days. It's only been three days since I last saw Niall. It has also been three days since I spoke to him. Yeah, I did receive the apology message that night too, but it took a lot of courage of me to not respond back. I mean, how did you even respond to something like that? 'it's ok' 'no worries?' It stressed me out, but I never opened it.

I figured he would've gone back to being the famous Niall Horan and left back to the states or London or wherever he was scheduled next. Maybe, that would've helped me pretend like whatever happened the last week was a blur and that I will never see Niall Horan, again. That he was gone for good.

I only knew this because Theo spoke a lot. He loved talking and I could go all day listening to his cute accent as he played toys; within those times, he would blur out on how Uncle Niall said goodbye to him yesterday night. Or how his mom kept asking what happened to his nose.

"Oh, no." I complained and closed my eyes when I took out Finn from his jumper and realized he had peed through his set of clothes.

"Why is he wet?" Theo asked from the distance as he colored on his paper. "Did he pee?!" He gasped.

I laughed at the child's shock and gave a nod.

"Y-Yeah, he did. Here let's grab a diaper from the-oh." I stopped in my tracks when the diaper rack near us had been empty, "We finally ran out of diapers, look at that."

I paused for a moment, knowing that I never been in a situation where I ran out of diapers in hand and didn't know whether to go on a search or just buy new ones.

"Mommy has diapers in her room! I saw them next to the bed!" Theo pointed at the hall before he hopped off the couch and ran towards the room.

I never really been around the whole house, especially the master bedroom. I tend to just stay on the areas where the kids could be at, which were only their own room, the living room or the kitchen, but other than that, I felt like I was invading. It was a big house.

Holding half-dressed toddler in arms, I walked slowly down the dimmed hallway before I saw Theo open his parent's bedroom door and immediately point at the diapers by the bed frame.

"Nappy for Finn!"

"Okay, there you go. You should be set for a few hours. We'll just take these diapers." I spoke a few minutes later as we all gathered to exit out the big room.

Before we can rush our way over to the living room area, I stopped myself as I spotted another space from the corner of my eye. Turning, I turned the opposite direction on where I was curious about and walked over to the unfamiliar area of the home.