Chapter Sixteen: Fate Has Its Ways

SIXTEEN

SIXTEEN

_______

Noelle

I stared absently at the ingredients scattered around the yellow counter of the apartment an hour later, almost forgetting about everything I knew about making lasagna.

"Come on, think."

My mind was just focused on today's earlier events and I couldn't even concentrate right. All I thought about was Niall Horan and it wasn't even a positive thought; the worry of Deo telling him the truth got into my head.

I know Deo said he would allegedly keep my 'little secret' safe with him, but how far could I had trust him? I had vivid memories of Niall and Deo back on 2013 Twitter; they were too close to not tell each other.

"Ok, lasagna. Cheese, sauce-" I stopped my listing when the bag of drinks stood at my view on the floor, again.

I've debated the last hour, fighting with my last two brain cells whether to let Niall know about them or not, but eventually giving up after I felt the drinks were staring at me, I slid out my phone from my pocket.

iMessage
Hey, I should've texted earlier, but I've got distracted. You guys forgot your drinks! 😅

I didn't understand why my hands were shaking as I typed knowing that it wasn't the first time texting him, but there was so much rush that maybe he was going to leave me on seen again. So, avoiding the situation, I closed the message and immediately proceeded to Spotify, connecting to the Bluetooth speaker, playing music before starting the lasagna.

"Alright, let's do this." I closed eyes, resting my hands on the counter, concentrating as Ed Sheeran played in the background.

It took at least half an hour. Just exactly thirty minutes before my music dimmed and the sound of an incoming message echoed through the place, making me let out a huff and clean my hands with towel before running towards the device.

iMessage
Niall H. 🎸
Was freaking out whether I left them at the store or not . You drink them all already ?

I smiled widely at myself reading Niall's message, imagining him saying it in person, but before I can respond back, he double texted again.

iMessage
Niall H. 🎸
Jokin ! We figured it out halfway , haha. Is it a bother if we can pick them up ? Don't want to intrude or anything , I know you must be busy makin lasagna .

I blushed at the thought that Niall had remembered about the lasagna and it had immediately made me forget about the other thought where he wanted to pick the drinks up, which only meant....