Chapter Eleven: Driving the Babysitter

ELEVEN

ELEVEN

________

Noelle

A whole day with Niall Horan.

Well, not technically, a "whole" day, but it was close to it. The time was reached to seven and for the rest of the time, we all killed time by playing a few more board games and eating snacks in between as we waited for Denise and Greg.

Niall never left during any time. It was so rare and impossible to say that, but it was the truth. Maybe, they made him babysit the kids with me? Was it by order or was he just bored? No, if he was bored he definitely would be out with his friends.

When the door opened later that hour, Theo jumped happily as he ran towards his parents after not seeing them for so long.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"Hey sweetheart! How were you today? Did you have fun?" Denise caressed her child.

"Elle, we deeply apologize for the late arrival, we got caught up—" before Greg can finish apologizing, her took sight of his brother by me and laughed. "Niall? bro, you still here? Thought you and Hailee were taking Theo—"

Oh, so that's why he was here all day. To spend it with Theo because him and Hailee were suppose to take him out for the day. Right.

Niall ran his fingers through his hair and shrugged, "Yeh, ehm...there was a change of plans. Hailee had to take an early flight for a movie deal and it was all last minute. Couldn't really take Theo. Just been having fun here instead, ya know?" He smiled.

"Oh, that's nice. Glad ya guys had fun then. Must've been a free day for Elle then. She could've gone home." Greg looked at his brother with a 'common sense' look.

"Oh, please. No. Actually, I needed her. I'll suffer trying to handle two kids at once! Plus, I kinda got injured with one of yer' bowls...she was a great help." Niall held up his injured hand. "Owe ya guys a bowl."

"Aw, I'm so glad she was a great help and the kids were having fun as Theo says. Elle, did you eat anything? Were the kids behaving well?" Denise smiled over to me.

I cleared my throat when all attention was finally brought to me.

"Uh, y-yes. Everything was fine. Kids ate. We all ate. No trouble at all like always." I half-lied.

"Ya didn't eat with us." Niall corrected me.

Before I defend my answer, Greg laughed.

"Well, I see you got to know my little brother, Niall Horan. Sorry, bout' not letting you know he was staying the night. Didn't think he will stay so late?" He said in surprise.