Chapter Thirty: Clean Freak Horan

THIRTY

_______

Noelle

The past Thanksgiving dinners in my life had been dreadful, but it's nice to admit that this year's was eventful thanks to Niall Horan. The night went off better than expected. For just four people, the conversations were never-ending. It was a great dinner, besides my brother's stupidity, but it was really great.

"Thanks Niall, but you don't need to help out. You're the guest here, not the cleaning guy." I fought.

I found myself taking the ceramic plates off Niall's hands later that night and pushing him slightly away from the kitchen sink.

Niall chuckled at my delicate actions and smiled down at me, "Please. So, what if I'm the guest? I got manners. If yer' taking the plates away from me, I'm just gonna dry them out beside you."

"What? No." I argued. "You've done enough, trust me. The least I want you to do is—"

"You're really stubborn, ya know?" Niall smirked. "You never want to let me win."

"Don't worry man, my sister is the most stubborn and dramatic ass person you'll ever meet." Mike squeeze in between us, throwing another plate against the sink in front of me.

I frowned towards my brother's insulting words and rolled my eyes. "Fuck off?"

"Just a warning. You'll get use to it." My brother winked over to Niall before walking away.

"Mike, leave Noe alone. Don't get me started on your ridiculousness. You both have the same genes." My father defended from afar.

"Noe." Niall spoke to himself.

When I looked over at the man beside me, I can see his blue eyes squint as he wondered where the new nickname had came from. His head turned to me and tilted, repeating the name once again.

"Noe?" Niall questioned.

I smiled knowing that Niall was one of the "Elle" people. I spent my whole life being called Noelle or Elle very often, it was usually really rare to be called Noe.

"Yeah, that's my other nickname." I bit my lip. "Well, only my dad calls me Noe, as you can see, but majority just call me Elle for short."

"And together is Noelle." Niall smiled widely, almost satisfied from the small puzzle he solved to himself.

"Yes." I giggled.

Niall nodded, crossing his arms and leaning against the sink behind us. His view going towards the living room while he rested and kept talking. He looked so attractive doing that, I hope I didn't catch myself slipping from the nerves.