Chapter Eight: Babysitting Niall

EIGHT

_______

Noelle

"L, I'm hungry. Can we go eat breakfast?" Theo mumbled to me, throwing his toys aside in his bedroom.

His bedroom was probably twice as mine. Big windows and so many toys, a child's dream, truly.

I licked my lips and thought about Theo's words. "Y-Yeah. I'm sure the kitchen's empty by now." I guessed.

A little while after Niall and Hailee's high-volume conversations, I decided to avoid hearing it at all and bring Finley with me up to the second floor to hope that Theo was awake.

Luckily, he was, but he had a routine of wanting to play with his toys before going down for breakfast and that gave me plenty enough time to distract him from anything going on downstairs.

I wasn't aware how long it had been since I've closed Theo's room. Once that door was closed, I couldn't hear anything from downstairs, so when we re-opened it again and made our way down the stairs quietly, everything was silent.

There wasn't any noise in sight, but when I scanned the living room, I spotted a familiar figure sitting on the sofa. Niall's head was leaning back against the leather and his eyes were closed as if he was looking back at the ceiling.

My heart raced at his presence again. It was like something I couldn't control, but any sight of him again made me feel really...weak. I hated myself for that feeling.

"I think he's sleeping." I whispered to Theo, but my whisper wasn't enough.

I can see Niall's head lift up and take sight of his older nephew before growing a smile.

"Uncle Niall!" Theo said excitedly, jumping on him.

Niall followed along and they both tackled each other, "Theo! Hey bud! Ya slept like a prince I see. M'jealous."

I smiled at them before making my way to the kitchen quickly with Finley, avoiding Niall to take any sight of my redness and shyness at the view.

"Uncle Niall, what happened to your hand?" I can hear Theo ask loudly from the living room.

I chuckled at his worry and took ahold of his Happy Meal.

"Theo, come get your breakfast!" I shouted out as Niall spoke to him in the distance.

I had a mindset that Niall wasn't going to be here long since they've been here all morning, but before Theo can make his way to the kitchen, I can hear Niall joining him.

"Come on, let's go get that Happy Meal before I eat it myself!"

I closed my eyes for a second, telling myself to control my emotion that Niall was going to enter this kitchen again and felt my hands gripping the ends of the counter in nervousness.