Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Min-jun has already left me with this annoying girl. My shoulder dropped when he left, knowing that Lisa and I were the only people here.

"Finally" She whispered, but it's quiet enough to hear it. Lisa takes off her jewelry and her shirt. Maybe she doesn't know that I'm here.

"Why are you doing that?" I said it out of nowhere, which surprised her for a few seconds, but in response she just raised her eyebrow.

"Doing what?" She asked

"Marrying him." I said Lisa was just staring at me for a few seconds, as if she had the brain to think of something.

"Never mind." Lisa said and left me in my room, how ridiculous she is. I followed her when I noticed that she was walking towards our mini bar and looking for something.

"There you go" She said that when she saw a bottle of Chivas Regal, as if it were a treasure or something.

Lisa gets a glass, pours some alcohol, and drinks it straight, not knowing that I'm just at her back, staring at her and how alcoholic she is.

"You didn't answer my question" I said that and crossed my arms. Lisa takes a deep breath before turning her head toward me.

"Why did you marry him?" – Lisa

"I'm the one who asking you that." – I said

"I'm asking you too." – Lisa

"I'm the first wife." – I said it and emphasized it.

"I don't care." – Lisa

"I do care." – I said and gritted my teeth because she's testing my patience.

"Really? You care for what? Do you care for him?" She said this and smirked while drinking her alcohol. She then lit her cigarette again.

"I love him." I said, trying to convince her.

"I'm sorry, honey, but I'm not convinced. Try again some time later. She said it straight to my face, and the most horrible is that she came closer. We're inches apart from each other.

"You can't bamboozle me." She added it and poked my nose. I don't know what she's thinking, but I know there's something going on with her. I know she's doing all of this because of something, but I can't read her mind.

"If you want to play, I can play with you, Jennie, but one thing is for sure: I'm an expert at playing mind games, so it's much better to know the person you want to play with." Lisa said and drink the alcohol straight.

--

I decided to go to the coastline. I remember when I first came here. This is the place where Min-Jun and I spent time together, and this is my favorite place when I feel drained, under pressure, or need to have some alone time. Additionally, this is also the place where I went when Min-Jun hurt me and used me.

I can't help but think about what she said a while ago. I don't really understand. I'm trying to read what's on her mind, but I can't. Who are you, Lisa?

I'm staring at the lighthouse, far from anyone, and thinking about the life there.

--

The night where I lost my virginity is the night where I became nobody. It is the middle of the night, but my eyes are still wide open while hearing the deafening silence of this empty house. A few days passed after I experienced those terrible things, but it became my nightmare. Every now and then, I'm still trying my best to forget what happened five days ago. I realized something: the day that I agreed to disrespect and humiliate me was the day that I accepted the fact that I'm just a woman who doesn't deserve respect.