Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

The next day, I woke up in bed and noticed that Lisa wasn't lying beside me. Where is she? It's been a week since the incidents happened. Fortunately, Min-jun didn't find out what happened because I really don't know what I'm going to say. Lisa doesn't have any intention to tell me what really happened to her that night. Anyway, I don't care as long as she didn't bother me.

I'm walking down the stairs when I noticed something. There is a man standing at the front door wearing a black suit.

"Hey" Lisa said when she saw me, I didn't respond for a few seconds and just staring at the man outside.

"Do you have an idea of what's going on?" I said and about to have sum cup of tea but Lisa handed me a coffee.

"T-thanks" I said, because it's very unusual and I feel like everyone is getting weirder but I just shrug.

"I don't have any idea, actually. I just woke up because I heard someone's voice, and I thought it was Min-jun, but then I found out there's a bunch of bodyguards here." Lisa said and put the kimchi rice and egg on the table.

"I cook a meal for us." She added, I raise my eyebrow in disbelief

"Woah, are you sick?" I said and laugh but Lisa just rolls her eyes and sit in front of me.

"I'm sick of you." She said it teasingly, and with her tongue out, I lean back on the chair and cross my arms.

"If I know" I said that and bit my lips.

"If I know?" She asked, but I didn't respond and smirked at her and ate some kimchi rice. Lisa smiles, and for the first time, it's genuine. She's having character development, hmmm First, she cooks food for us, and now she's neither annoying nor irritating.

"You're good at flirting Kim" She whispered, but it's enough to hear it. What's she talking about? Am I good at what? Flirting? How can she say that?

"Me?" There's a lot of question in my head but I can't utter those words, Lisa shook her head.

"Kim Min-Jun, I mean." She just said and continue to eat without staring at me.

Oh, she's talking about Min-Jun? Wait? It means? Is Min-jun flirting with her? But what is this? I can't feel any jealousy toward her. And I'm more... a little bit disappointed? I shook my head. It's not right.

"Whatever." I said. I don't know, but I suddenly feel sad and awkward in our atmosphere.

There is an awkward silence between us. No one dare to talk so I'm just enjoying our breakfast.

"Mrs. Kim" Lisa and I can't help but to stare our gaze to the person called us.

"Me?"

"Me?"

We said in chorus, the bodyguard looked surprised when he saw us. He cleared his throat, looked in my direction, and bowed to me. I can't help but to feel sad when I saw Lisa's face when the bodyguard didn't acknowledge her as Mrs. Kim.

"Lisa is Min-jun's wife too. You should give her a sign of respect too." All of a sudden, I just said those words. What happened to you, Jennie? You should be happy because they didn't acknowledge her as Min-jun's wife, but there you are trying to defend her.

"Mianhae" He said and bowed again, I shook my head.

"Apologies accepted, but Lisa deserves more of your apology." I said and crossed my arms, Lisa just staring at us. The bodyguard turned his way in Lisa's direction and bowed to her as a sign of respect.

"I'm very sorry, Ms. Lisa." He said, Lisa doesn't know what to react but he just smirks to him.

"I'm fine," she said in confusion. I just shrug.