Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

Jennie POV

It's a quiet lunch for us. Min-jun sits beside me and Lisa is silently eating her lunch in front of us. The weather is very pleasant today, unlike the atmosphere inside the mansion. I can't help but gaze my eyes on her. It's been a week, but Lisa is trying her best to avoid me. On the other hand, Min-jun and I are sleeping in the same bedroom. Me either, I'm avoiding my husband for a few days.

"Honey, I'm very concerned about you. You lose some weight, here. Eat some." I'm back to reality when Min-jun gets some food for me. I didn't notice that I was just staring at nothing.

"Thank you," I whispered and smiled at him. Min-jun moves closer and kisses my forehead. I wanted to move backward, but I didn't want him to know that I was avoiding him. I check on the woman in front of us, hoping that somehow she cares about me.

I smirk at the back of my mind. What do you expect, Jennie? Of course, she doesn't care about you. You're absolutely nothing.

"Anyway, ladies... I just want you to know that we're going to an event tonight." Min-jun said it and held my hand, I noticed that Lisa just rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to go with you guys. You can leave me here." Lisa said and didn't care for what he said.

"You two should enjoy the rest of the night." She added and smirked, I felt the pain inside my heart. It feels like she's pushing me away or that she's disgusted at my presence. I just looked down and held my tears in front of her.

"No, you will come with us, Lisa," Min-jun said, Lisa shook her head and drink her whiskey.

"But I said I do- "

"No buts! You'll come with us." Min-jun didn't let her finish what she was going to say. I can see that he's losing his patience right now, but Lisa just looks straight into his eyes.

Lisa is a very calm person

There was no trace of fear on her face.

"Don't tell me what to do, Kim Min-jun," Lisa said in the coldest possible way Min-jun's eyes became narrow, and I could see the tension between them.

"I have the right to tell anything I want." – Min-Jun

"Who do you think you are?" – Lisa

"I'm your husband." – Min-jun

"So am I." – Lisa

Min-jun clenched his hand under the table and I didn't have an idea how to calm the person beside me. Min-jun takes a deep breath and clenches his jaw, on the other hand, Lisa just smirks at him.

"Lisa, you have to be there. Your dad will be there too, and it's not appropriate if you don't come with us. There are a lot of investors and businessmen going to attend that event, and your dad will be very upset if the only heiress of CEG is not with us. Do you understand that?" Min-Jun said he was trying to calm himself, even though the truth is he's not.

Lisa slams the table and stands up, which makes me flinch and shudder. I'm totally afraid of Min-jun when he's mad, but Lisa is way scarier when she's mad.

"Okay, I will go. Kim Min-jun." She said it and walked out the door

--

Min-jun and I decided to go to our room. I could see how angry he was while pouring whiskey into his glass. I walked in his direction and caressed his back. Maybe if I do this, he will at least lessen his anger. Min-jun holds my hand and wraps his arms around me.

"Don't worry about me." He said, I didn't feel anything about him, but this is the right thing to do. I'm his wife, and I should comfort him as much as possible. I should assure him that everything will be okay and that I'm always here beside him.