Prologue

December 24th
Taehyung POV

Getting out of my car, i saw my friends. Sharing a high five with them, i started walking in to the school.

My head was bursting with whatever happened last night. Tommorow would be my birthday and dad has gone to Thailand for business. I was so angry that my entire head was throbbing.

Walking, i pulled out my phone from my left pocket and saw some of my followers tagging me for my upcoming birthday. A smile came up on my lips and i started replying to them.

My fingers worked fast on the keyboard screen and I lost track of my steps. Just then i bumped into someone which made me fall down and he fell over me.

I moaned in pain and opened my eyes to see the the guy who was on top of me. He was staring at me like a fool and wasn't trying to move.

"Wow." his eyes sparkled as he stared directly into mine, our faces inches apart. He continued gazing at me for what felt like an entire minute, while my friends awkwardly observed the scene.

"Can you please get up?" I reminded him, growing irritated by his lingering presence.

"Sorry." He swiftly got back up and extended a hand to help me, but I refused to take it.

Instead, I dusted myself off and gave him a displeased look. Upon closer inspection, though, I couldn't deny that he didn't look half bad. He was wearing a black hoodie and a book was in his hand.

"Watch where you're going." I scolded, though I knew I was also at fault. Admitting my mistakes wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

"Let's go." My friend interjected, and I sashayed away, completely indifferent to the encounter.

The class went boring and I was wishing to escape any moment. My friends were chatting about my birthday and what to gift me.

Those fool even asked me to lend them some money so that they can buy me gifts for my own birthday. At lunch i walked away from the class and went on the roof, top of the school.

Sitting, i played a song and adjusted the headphone on my head. I chose some songs that I love listening to and finally found some peace. But my mind kept going back to my dad.

My birthday was approaching, but just like every year, my dad wouldn't be home. There would be gifts, of course, but not the presence of my family. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't expect. . .

"Hey." The same guy that I bumped into approached and sat down beside me.

Annoyed i took of my headphone and glared at him.

"What do you want?" I snapped, annoyed by his intrusion. I wanted to be left alone for some time although I was always lonely.

"I wanted to apologize for bumping into you." he began, his expression softening. "And, I couldn't help but be caught off guard because you're so -"

"Beautiful?" I finished his sentence, a hint of sarcasm in my tone.

"Yeah." he smiled genuinely.

"I know." I responded curtly.

"Damnit." he exclaimed, a flicker of surprise in his eyes.

"Do not use that language in front of me." I scolded.

Swearing was considered impolite in my household. Bound by rules at all times, I had grown accustomed to them. My father seemed to create rules more often than he took a breath. From trivial matters to major life decisions, rules governed every aspect.