Apology

Sasori

"Are you ready Sakura"? Today was the day I had decided I would bring Sakura over to her professor's house and have her officially apologize to him. Zetsu and Kersu were both at work so it would just be the two of us, not that the three of them have spoken much to begin with.

"I am, does he know I'm coming"? "No, all Iruka has told him is that he'll have a visitor for the day but we made sure not to tell him who. He wants to see you but we don't know how he'll react to seeing you".

"Understandable". "Let's get going".

Kakashi

"What's my schedule for today"? I asked as I laid on my side. "Well hopefully I can get you to eat a little something today and maybe we can try a few exercises if you're up for it". I nodded. "I wanna try and break the odds at least". "That's the spirit, Kashi". My mom smiled.

She and my dad still insisted on staying with me for a few days even though they knew Iruka was here all day and didn't leave until midnight. I'm not mad though, I know why they're doing this and I am grateful that they care enough to do this.

I want to believe you would have also done this for me father

"Come in". Iruka called from the kitchen after hearing a knock.

The door opened and I sat up immediately as I watched Sakura walk in with a man beside her. "Sakura". "H hi Professor Kakashi. She said shyly looking to the side while holding her arm.

"How are you? I hope you've been doing well"? "Do you know this girl Kakashi"? Mom asked. "I suppose now is as good as any time to introduce her. Mom, dad, this is Sakura Haruno one of my students". Iruka came in and stood against the wall with his arms crossed.

"I'm doing ok, I live with my brother Sasori and his husbands now". "I didn't know you had a brother". "Our parents kicked me out when she was five and made it look like they kept moving so I wouldn't be able to find her.

I made a deal with the police chief that will keep her out of prison as long as she does as told and behaves". "That's good to hear, I've been very worried about you sweetheart".

"I'm so sorry Professor Kakashi"! To my surprise, she broke into tears. "You're in pain right now because of me. I should have never called the Akatsuki and had their leader kidnap you, I also shouldn't have lied to him and told him you had raped me. All of this mess is my fault, I should've just studied harder and paid more attention in class maybe then momma and daddy would have been nicer". She fell to her knees while crying into her hands. Instinctively her brother knelt beside her and held her in his arms.

The Akatsuki? The mafia are the ones that took me? That would explain the cell I was in. Does their leader know the truth? I hope he's not still being lied to.

"What do you mean by that? Your parents are mean to you"? She couldn't speak. "When I was younger they would take their anger out on me, nothing I ever did was good enough for them and I was the only thing keeping Sakura safe, when I left they treated her the same way they did me. I'm partly to blame for this as well, if I had been able to raise her like I wanted she would have never thought lying was ok".

To my surprise, my mother stood up and went hug her. "You poor girl, whatever you need just ask. I'll be the mother you never had". She cried even harder.

Word Count: 647