How Do You Feel

Ino

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Inside the cafe wearing an apron with her hair in a low ponytail and little makeup on was none other than my ex Sakura. The girl that had broken my heart, caused everyone so much heartache and worry, who had almost gotten our professor killed was now working for once in her life.

After everything had happened she texted me and apologized saying she was sorry but I thought she was full of it. I never in a million years would have ever thought I'd see her working here of all places.

I'm even more surprised she's not in prison

I didn't want to. There was no reason I had to, she showed me her true colors. She did something horrible and unforgivable but yet I still found myself going into the cafe, taking a menu, and hid behind it so I could watch her. I don't know why I did it. I don't know what I was expecting to see I just did it.

"Hello, how can I help you"? "A medium black coffee and make it snappy". A male customer said to her at the register. "Of course sir, right away". I watched as she made her way over to the machines but was soon stopped by another customer.

"Hey miss, I need two blueberry muffins"! A male customer sitting down yelled. "Coming right up".

"Can you get me a meat lovers sandwich"? A different male customer yelled. "No, he'll have a veggie lovers sandwich"! His girlfriend yelled. "No meat lovers"! The boyfriend yelled back.

"I want an order of deviled eggs"! A woman yelled.

"Wheres my coffee, black no cream". The male customer at the register asked annoyed.

"I'm going as fast as I can everyone".

I looked around but I didn't see anyone around to help her. Normally they had two people working but she was the only one. It's as if they did this on purpose. I don't know how long she's been working here but regardless of where you work if you're new there has to be someone to show you how to do things and help you until you get a handle on things.

I watched her for a bite. No matter how many orders came her way, no matter how loud they yelled she didn't allow herself to get agitated. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Obito

Me: When Is the next shipment supposed to be in?

???; You'll have it within a week. I'm assuming there won't be any problems with payment

Me: That depends on how good the supplies are. It wouldn't be wise of you to waste my time.

???: Nor would it be wise of you to waste mine

"We need to talk". Stone said walking into my office. "What is it"? I asked hanging up. "Why do you keep going over to his house? Why not let Iruka and his parents handle things themselves? Why keep torturing yourself"?

"I know how it might look to you and Hibiki but that's not at all what I'm doing". "Oh, it isn't"? He looked at me in disbelief. "No Stone, it isn't. I'm taking responsibility for what I've done. I'm trying to make things right between us because, in reality, I'm the only one who should be taking care of him. After all, I'm the one that almost killed him". Angry tears filled my eyes.

"You have no idea what it feels like. You have no idea how much it fucking hurts to know you almost killed an innocent man. A sweet, gentle, kind, compassionate, loving man who doesn't deserve to have anything bad happen to him ever. A man that should have never known pain at all".

"You're talking as if you care about him romantically". "And what if I do"? "Given the situation, you know how wrong that would be. Apolozie to him all you want but you have to keep your distance from each other, there's no question about that".

"You don't get it Stone, I need him the same way you need Xion and Iruka. I'm not scared when I'm around him. I'm actually at peace and happy". Sadness flashed in his eyes.

"What about us huh, especially me? Did I not try everything I could to get your mind off of him? Did you not sleep in my bed while I held you so you could feel safe enough during the night to sleep? Did I not vow to protect you til my last breath"?

"You did and I don't take any of that for granted. If it weren't for you helping me during that time I don't know how I would have survived it but you know just as well as I do that he's not dead. You can protect me as much as you want but you can't protect me from my own mind Nii San.

I'm not using him. I'm generally happy being around him and he's happy being around me. Have Iruka keep watch on me if it'll help you feel better but let me do this for myself. Let me do what's making me happy and helping. You're my older twin brother, I will always need you but I need him as well. Please, please tell me you understand that. Please don't take me from him". I asked pleadingly as tears rolled down my face.

Without saying a word he made his way over and held me tight, I immediately did the same. "Ok, Obi".

Word Count: 929