SHIP IN THE BOTTLE | pirates of the caribbean | character notes

Here's the official character / world building notes on Marina Augustus !

- Marina doesn't get out of the castle much, even by princess standards. The king and queen tend to be very controlling on who and where she goes. Marina hasn't ever questioned this as she grew up with this behavior and has always naive believed that it was because they were just overprotective of her. As well as the fact their afraid of some low life thief or pirate taking advantage of her for her money and position.

- As a baby, the royal family stole Marina from the Queen of the ocean herself - Amphitrite - whom had been out of her mermaid form during the occurrence. Due to the royals thievery, many royal ships were sunk by massive ocean weaves and their kingdom was bombarded by storms for months. Even to this day the ocean is generally unsafe place for royals for their miss doings.

- The king as the princess got older pushed a great fear of the ocean into Marina to the point that she internally freaks out anytime she just remotely gets near a beach. It's to the point that the girl doesn't even know how to swim.

- Marina has known Elizabeth Swann since they were fairly young. Since Elizabeth is the daughter of Weatherby Swann the governor (and later someone who rather high ranking official, Commodore James Norrington, wants to possibly get marry to), she was someone who Marina had always been allowed to see and visit without much fuss.

- Marina had befriended Will Turner through Elizabeth and her father. Will and his boss often worked for the Swann family, so the duo often had chance run ins. Marina would often ask him tons of questions about what he does out of natural curiosity and the man would entertain her questions and answer them with patience. The two of them feel kinda like unlikely friends (most due to high society and their different social standings)

- Commodore James Norrington and Marina are friendly enough to each other, but Marina doesn't particularly like him. She finds him too stiff and uptight. Not to mention the fact that the man is overtly overbearing towards her and just too self centered for her own taste.

- Marina is not really one for the in fashion. She doesn't mind corsets per say, but the layers of skirts and just how absolutely hot/suffocating the clothes can get is just not it for her. Marina prefers clothes that are made out of more lightweight fabrics and tend to be lighter in colors. She does like dresses with ruffles, especially when they are teal or blue, as they remind her of ocean waves.

- Marina has a pet gannet bird, which is a species of diving bird. Her little sea bird is one she saved as a child. The bird had been severely injured on the beach when she and her adoptive father had stumbled upon the bird. She pretty much begged her father to let her take the bird back to the castle to try to save the creatures life. Which she did and now the bird lives with the royals. Marina also has a little tropical ghost crab that she saved from a fishing trap.