Lothlórien

After a day or so of travelling the route was finally looking greener and.. well, less evil. As we approached a forest I briefly managed to take in the feeling of green grass and fresh, running waters.

Not much was said since it had happened. There wasn't much to say. I guess everyone grieved in their own way. I however found an easy distraction was to just appreciate the nature and fresh air which we had been so deprived from.

I was also confused. Why was I still going forwards? I should've turned back a long time ago. Wherever Aragorn was taking us, I hoped to all the lords it was somewhere safe. I desperately needed time to think things through.

As we strode further into the woods, the more anxious I became. It felt eerie. And, by the looks on the other's faces, they must've felt the same.

"Stay close young hobbits." Gimli said, ushering us over.

"What is it?" I asked hesitantly, and also confused as to why he was whispering.

"They say a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who looks upon her fall under her spell.."

I grimaced, though I didn't completely believe him. I believed all of the elves were good, from what I'd been told.

Gimli carried on his story about the witch. During this I'd noticed Frodo looked very uncomfortable.

"Somethings wrong. What is it?" I whispered to Frodo, drawing Sam's attention.

"Mr Frodo?" he piped.

"Well! Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk, and ears of a fox!" said the dwarf.

I rolled my eyes as Gimli continued his rant. One second later he found that an arrow was about to shoot him in the face. Then, we were all surrounded.

I froze on the spot. Naturally we all stayed quiet and left it for Aragorn to deal with. He held his hand up in peace.

"That dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." said the lead elf, stepping forward.

A snigger found its way out of my mouth but I immediately disguised it with a cough. Probably not a good time.

The elves immediately recognised Legolas and Aragorn. They welcomed the both of them, from the few words I could understand of their elvish sentences.

I assumed this meant peace for us. At least, most of us.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the elves! Speak worlds we can also understand!" Gimli started.

Us hobbits naturally huddled together in a group. The situation was becoming extremely awkward.

Gimli continued his bickering at the elf. It was clear that there had much conflict in the past involving the two races. He seemed to be embarrassing himself quite a bit. Aragorn had to give him a whack to refrain him from speaking again.

The group of elves lead us into their realm, LothLórien. It was beyond beautiful, just like Rivendell. We walked up beautiful shiny staircases which spiralled around huge, tall trees. Everywhere was so beautiful lit, and the air smelt and even felt refreshing.

We were taken to see the elf lady Galadriel and another elf named Celeborn. She was even more majestic and beautiful than I had imagined. There was just something about elves which made me feel warm inside. I admired them dearly. Sometimes I'd found myself wishing I could look even half as beautiful as one of them.

We were warmly welcomed and given a nice, cozy area to rest in one of the tree houses.

Most of the night Frodo had gone off by himself. Though I didn't follow him, I had a feeling inside me that he was very safe in this place. A couple times I heard lady Galadriels voice telling me that it was only in her interest to protect him from then on.

It was the next day after the peaceful sleep at Lothlórien. An elf lady sat with me and did some beautiful braiding in my hair. She'd disguised the ruined part quite well, which I was very thankful for. I actually felt quite beautiful for once.

"Good morning Merry, Pippin." I said, sitting down opposite the two.

"You look different." said Merry. I frowned. "I-in a good way, of course." he corrected himself and then fiddled about with the item he was holding.

I looked down. "Hey, where'd you get that?" I asked, looking at the small elvish blade in his hands.

Pippin had the same. I then gathered that the fellowship were receiving gifts from Galadriel and her husband.

Gimli, though I thought it was quite cheeky, asked for a strand of her hair. An interesting request if you ask me.

Frodo received a glass object with beautiful patterns around it. I was unsure what it was but it looked elvish. Like, magical.

I was given a necklace. I was confused how it would be practical, unlike Merry and Pippin's daggers, but it was beautiful nonetheless. The chain was silver and very light, and on it was a crystal pendant in the shape of an angel-like figure. I didn't know exactly what it represented, but it felt meaningful to me. Like the mother I never had. I was so very grateful, and that day I vowed to never ever take it off.

After getting the boats ready, and hearing that Pippin had eaten 4 whole pieces of elven bread, we set sail down the gorgeous Anduin, ready for our next destination.