Together again

I woke up early the next morning, at the time of sunrise. I opened the bright blue curtains, a blast of sun almost blinding me for a moment. I smiled and went to get dressed, but then I remembered I had no fresh clothes with me. I didn't know where my bag was. But, on the chest of drawers, I found a note.

'I had these made especially for you, Miss Baggins.' - Arwen

I smiled and opened the top drawer and found a pile of really pretty Elven dresses that Arwen had made for me.

I picked them up and laid them out on the bed. There was a white one, and a green and white one. I smiled. I then folded one of them up in my bag to take home and I put the other one on. Home...

I got ready and made my way down the corridor to go for breakfast.

~~~

"Where am I?" Frodo asked, slowly sitting up in the bed he was just resting in.

"You are in the house of Elrond. And it is ten o'clock in the morning on October the twenty fourth, if you want to know." Gandalf said, sitting in a chair.

Frodo opened his eyes more and saw him. "Gandalf!"

"Yes, I am here." He drew his pipe. "And you're lucky to be here to. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid." Gandalf shook his head and sighed. "But you have some strength in you, my dear Hobbit."

Frodo sat up and clutched his chest. "What happened Gandalf?" Gandalf looked at him quizzically. "Why didn't you meet us?"

"Oh, I am sorry Frodo. I was delayed."

Gandalf had a flashback of what happened with him and Saruman on the top of his tower.

~~~

We had a lovely breakfast, again cooked by the Elves, which made it even better. I was just walking down a corridor when Sam came running up to me.

"Miss Maisy! Maisy!"

I spun around to face him. "Sam, are you alright?"

"Mr Frodo's awake!"

My face lit up and we both dashed down the corridor to where Frodo's room was.

"What is it Gandalf?" Frodo asked, confused.

"Oh, nothing Frodo."

We both burst through the door and saw Frodo, the second he saw us he smiled.

"Frodo!" Me and Sam both shouted.

I dived onto Frodo's bed and gave him a massive hug. "Oh, Frodo!"

"Bless you your awake!" Sam said.

"These two have hardly left your side." Gandalf said, chuckling.

"We were that worried about you weren't we Mr Gandalf?" Sam said.

Gandalf nodded happily. "By the skills of Lord Elrond," The same tall Elf I saw before with long brown hair entered the room. "You're beginning to mend."

I smiled up at the Elf. I was so grateful for what he had done.

"Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins." The wise Elf said.

Later that morning, Me, Frodo and Sam went on a walk to find the others. I heard laughing, and I turned to see Merry and Pippin running at us. We all smiled and laughed and gave each other hugs, we were finally together again!

Then, Me and Frodo spotted someone else we had been wanting to see for a while. Bilbo.

"Bilbo!" Frodo shouted as Me and Frodo let go of the others and ran over to him.

"Hello my dears!" He said, standing up from the bench he was sat on.

Bilbo had physically aged a lot. Had it really been that long?

We both gave our Uncle Bilbo a hug. Then Bilbo said he wanted to show Frodo something, and I was very understanding about it as I let them be on their own together for a while.

I smiled and turned around to go back to the others. I decided to go and explore more of Rivendell, and Merry and Pippin seemed very eager to come with me.

Meanwhile, Bilbo was showing Frodo the book he was writing. 'There and back again''.

Frodo thought it was wonderful. Frodo was already missing The Shire. Well, we all were.

After I tagged along with Merry and Pippin on a walk, went back to our rooms to pack. I got all my things and put them back in my bag, even the beautiful Elven dresses that lady Arwen had made for me.

I was outside, and Sam was there too, packing his things. My eyes widened a little at how much Sam had packed.

"Now, what have I forgotten?" Sam asked himself.

Frodo came over, chuckling. "Packed already?" He asked, looking at our bags.

"Yeah..." I said, sighing.

"No harm in being prepared." Sam said.

"I thought you wanted to see the Elves, Sam." Frodo said.

"I do..."

"More than anything?"

"I did. It's just..." He walked a little closer to Me and Frodo. "We did what Gandalf wanted, didn't we? We got The Ring this far to Rivendell... and I thought... seeing as how you're on the mend, we'd be off soon... off home..."

I thought for a moment and nodded. "Yeah. You're right, Sam. We will be going home soon. Right Frodo?"

"We did what we set out to do..." Frodo got The Ring out and held it in his hand. "The Ring will be safe in Rivendell. I am ready to go home."