Balin's Tomb

We approached a room where Gimli found what looked like some sort of grave. It turned out to be one of his relatives, his cousin Balin. and I felt awful for the dwarf, he was so upset. Turns out we were in a tomb. There were rotting skeletons and bones scattered around. But that wasn't the only issue, Frodo's sword that he was given to by Bilbo started to glow. This meant that orcs were nearby. In the distance there was loud thumps and screeches.

Everyone started panicking, Boromir and Legolas started blocking the door with things, Gimli got on top of the grave stone, ready to right, holding his axe up high.

I was terrified. Me and the four other hobbits huddled up together, clutching our swords. I felt a tingling sensation go down the back of my neck and my spine, I felt cold, always when something was near, like a 6th sense. But I didn't have much time to think about that as there was now creatures attempting to break down the doors.

Soon the orcs got in, and they'd brought cave trolls. The fight seemed to go on forever, at one point I was trapped under the trolls foot whilst trying to help fight it with Aragorn. Legolas shot at it from up high, and with me and Aragorn doing our best to attack it without being whacked, eventually the troll gave in and fell to the ground.

"I think I'm gettin' the hang of this!" Sam said as he stabbed another orc in the guts.

I fed off of his confidence and found myself killing quite a few. A rather big and ugly one fell to its knees after being shot in the leg. Within my sudden burst of bravery I swung my sword around and decapitated the thing. I'd never had such an adrenaline rush in my life. It felt great.

Then there was a scream, one I recognised all too well. Frodo. What had happened!?

Most of the orcs had been taken down and the last troll had gotten to Frodo. My stomach churned with anxiety and I almost threw up. He could've been dead.

Merry and Pippin jumped onto the trolls back, stabbing it repeatedly. It flung Merry to the floor as it fell. I quickly helped him to his feet before we hurried over to where Frodo was.

"I'm alright. I'm not hurt." Frodo said after Aragorn had flipped him over. It was a shock to see him alive after that.

"You should be dead. That spear would've skewered a wild boar." Aragorn looked shocked.

"I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye." Gandalf said with a smile.

Frodo then revealed what was underneath his shirt, a vest made of Mithril. Bilbo must've given it to him.

"Mithril! You are full of surprises Master Baggins!" Gimli exclaimed.

I smiled and wiped a tear which fell due to the immense relief of Frodo being alive. "Don't you scare me like that ever again!" I said, nudging him in the arm. The both of us ended up laughing a moment later.

We all got to our feet and headed through to the next part of the ungodly mines.