Rivendell

6 days later, we finally arrived in Rivendell. We were exhausted. We only stopped to eat on average once a day, and we didn't get much rest. But, at least we finally made it. And all I could think about was Frodo. I was worrying the whole 6 days we walked there. A few times, the others tried to tell me it would be okay, but I couldn't listen. I struggled to sleep at night, and I barely ate. Neither did the others, which is extremely odd for them, especially for Pippin.

When we first saw the beautiful Elven city, we were all in awe. All thoughts and worries were blank as I gazed upon the great city. I had never seen anything like it before. Bilbo had told me and Frodo about Rivendell many times, but I never expected it to be this extraordinary.

We walked along a beautiful stone path, under large trees and past a big, bright blue waterfall. We were greeted by a tall, wise looking Elf. He had long, brown hair. He wore a long, red robe as well.

He greeted Strider and he referred to him as another name which we didn't hear. Anyway, we were welcomed very nicely. Then, the same Elf lady we saw 6 days ago approached us, and I immediately ran up to her, but gave a quick bow to be polite.

"My lady, how is he?" I asked, desperately.

Sam immediately stood at my side, awaiting her answer.

"He is in good condition. My father has treated him very well." She said, smiling down at us.

"May we see him?" I asked, hopefully.

"Not yet, he is still resting. But I will let you know right away when he wakes up. I'm sure he would be glad to see you." She said, warmly. "Oh, and by the way, you can call me Arwen."

I nodded and bowed again before turning back to the others.

"What did she say? Is Frodo okay?" Merry asked.

"Yes, he has been treated very well." I said, smiling.

"Can we see him yet?" Pippin asked.

"Apparently he is still resting. But lady Arwen said she will tell us right away when he wakes up." I said, smiling.

The tall Elf that Strider was talking with turned to us.

"Ah, now, come with me little ones. You must be hungry." He said, and my mouth watered at the mention of food.

Merry and Pippin walked along eagerly in front, and we were lead down to a very nice looking balcony with a big table, with very big chairs for our size. The table was covered in plates of all kinds of delicious looking food. We all sat down at the table and ate, happily. All my worries were gone for the time being, because I knew we were all safe. And, we would be going home soon. We thought.

After we had the lovely food cooked by the Elves themselves, we were shown to our rooms. Lady Arwen helped me find the room I was staying in.

"Thank you, my lady." I said, bowing politely.

"It's alright my dear. And please, you can just call me Arwen." She said, smiling.

"Okay, thank you, Arwen!" I said, happily.

"Frodo is lucky to have such a caring sister, you know. You have a good heart, that is something more valuable than any treasure in this world. Now, go make yourself at home." The Elven woman smiled down at me.

I went into my room, beaming. Never had I ever received such a compliment. Straight away I saw the big curtains that revealed a beautiful stone balcony. I looked over at the bed, and it was abnormally large. I laid down, gently, as I did not want to damage the beautiful layout of silky pillows and expertly folded blankets.

Later on, as I was heading down the corridor leading out of the sleeping quarters, I heard 2 familiar voices.

"Your room's so much bigger than mine!"

"And?"

"It's not fair! I should get the bigger room!"

"Why should you?"

"Because... because... ugh, never mind!"

I turned a corner to see Merry and Pippin.

"Are you two seriously arguing about the size of the bedrooms?"

"Yes! It's not fair that Merry gets the bigger room!"

"Hey! It's not even that much bigger than yours!"

"Yes it is-"

"Well what's Maisy's room like?" Merry asked and they both looked at me.

"You two are ridiculous. You should be grateful we are able to stay in such a magnificent place." I said, though the grin never left my face. I found it slightly amusing, them arguing about something as silly as bedrooms.

"Can you lot please be more quiet! Mr Frodo's trying to rest in that room over there!" Sam stormed out of a door.

"Apologies, Sam." I whispered. "They were just having a little bit of a bicker. You know what it's like."

"I don't care what you've been arguin about, just get to sleep will you!?"

"Yes, of course." I said and Sam stormed off again.

"Right, I'm going to bed in my massive room. I'll see you two to tomorrow." I said and turned around on my heel, heading back the way I once came.

"But I want a bigger room!" Pippin sighed and stormed over to his room.