Flight To The Ford

"Look Frodo! It's Mr Bilbo's trolls!" Sam said, but it made no difference.

Frodo was still gasping for breath, whimpering and groaning in pain. His eyes were cloudy, and Sam felt his forehead.

"He's gone cold!" Sam said, sympathetically.

"Frodo, you're alright. Please, stay with us, Frodo. You can do this. Stay with me, alright?" I said and clutched his hand tightly.

Frodo was beyond out of it, he didn't even look at me. He was fighting. I felt sick to my stomach.

I looked at Strider stood between the trolls, holding a torch aloft.

"Is he going to die?" Pippin asked.

"He's passing into the shadow world. He'll soon become a Wraith like them." Strider said, I could hardly process such horrid information.

More piercing screeches echoed through the woods.

"They're close!" Merry warned us.

Strider looked around frantically for a moment. "Sam! Do you know the Athelas plant?"

"Athelas?"

"Kingsfoil."

"Kingsfoil, aye it's a weed!"

"It may help to slow the poison. Hurry!"

Strider and Sam hurried through the woodland, and whilst they looked for the plant I looked after Frodo and Merry and Pippin kept watch.

"Oh dear Frodo..." I said sympathetically.

As Strider and Sam were looking for the plant, Strider soon found it. He bent down and cut some from the ground, but whilst he was doing so, a sword was held to his neck.

"What's this? A ranger, caught off his guard?"

Suddenly, a bright, white light caught all off our attention, and Frodo slowly turned to look at it. A beautiful Elf maiden dismounted her bright white horse, and slowly walked over to us. She knelt beside Frodo, and I moved out of the way so she could have a better look at him. I crouched down beside Merry and Pippin, and we watched as the Elf Lady spoke to Frodo.

"Frodo, I'm Arwen. Telin le thead. Lasto beth nin. Tolo dan na galad. (I am Arwen. I have come to help you. Hear my voice. Come back to the light.)"

"Who is she?" Merry asked from behind me.

"She's an Elf!" Sam said.

"She's beautiful, don't you think?" I said, smiling for only a moment, before I snapped back into reality. Frodo could be dying.

"I agree, Miss Maisy." Sam said, gazing at the beautiful Elf named Arwen.

I glanced back at Merry and Pippin, and Merry shrugged. I turned back to Arwen and Frodo.

Strider joined Arwen, chewing up some Athelas.

"Frodo..." Arwen said and examined Frodo. "He's fading..." She pulled down his shirt to reveal the wound.

Strider out the chewed up Athelas into the wound, causing Frodo to gasp again.

"He's not going to last. We must get him to my father." Arwen said, and Strider picked up Frodo.

"I've been looking for you for two days." Arwen said. "There are five Wraiths behind you, where the other four are, I do not know." Arwen said as Strider placed Frodo on Arwen's horse.

"Dartho guin perian. Rych le ad tolthathon. (Stay with The Hobbits. I will send horses back for you.) Strider said.

"Hon mabathon. Rochon ellint im." (I'm the faster rider. I'll take him.) Arwen said.

"Andelu i ven. (The road is too dangerous.) Strider said.

"What are they saying?" Pippin asked.

"I think they're deciding who is going to take Frodo to Rivendell." I said.

I know a little bit of Elvish, Frodo and I had learnt from Bilbo over the years. Pippin nodded and we carried on watching.

"Frodo fúr. Ae athradon i hir, tur gwaith nin beriatha hon. (Frodo's dying. If I can get across the river, the power of my people will protect him.) I do not fear them." Arwen said firmly.

Strider took Arwen's hand and held it tightly. "Be iest lín. (As you wish.)"

Arwen mounted her horse, her arm around Frodo, who was still having trouble breathing, in front of her.

"Ride hard. Don't look back." Strider said.

"Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim! (Ride fast, Asfaloth, ride fast!)

Arwen and Frodo, on the horse, rode off through the woods.

"What are you doing!? Those Wraiths are still out there!" Sam shouted.

Strider looked on, worried. He took off in front, and we all followed behind.

Arwen was on her horse, Asfaloth, being chased through a forest by the five ring wraiths on their horses behind he and Frodo. She cut her face on a branch whilst she kept on going. Finally, she came to a river. She crossed it, and the wraiths all stopped and stood on a like in the other side.

"If you want him, come an claim him!" She yelled, pulling out her sword and Asfaloth standing on his back legs.

She whispered some magical Elvish words and the river that separated her and the group of Nazgúl turned into a big wave, and the shapes of horse heads danced in the wave, completely running the Nazgúl.

Frodo fell on the ground. He was in an awful condition.

"Frodo!" Arwen knelt over him. "Frodo, no... not now... Frodo don't give in!" Tears were welling in her eyes.

They were so close to Rivendell, she wouldn't let him give up now. Not now.