3

'Dante.'

Ghosts brows immediately raised, the girl never having called him by his given name. He was impressed.

'What is this? What the hell are we because this is a lot to take in.'

That was it. That was all the letter said. A half sheet of paper she ripped the end off. She didn't have much to say. What did he even expect her to say?

Ghost raised his eyes from the paper he was staring down.

"I'm sick of this shit."

Ghost took the phone he had out of his pocket, opening it and going to where he could send messages.

He typed in Salem's number, knowing it by heart since the day her file was sent to him.

'That's it?'

That's all he said, sending the message through and holding his phone in the palm of his hand.

Salem sat at her work desk, her brows pinched together as her fingers typed aggressively down onto her keyboard.

Salem hardly ever was interrupted during her coding so she never turned her phone on do not disturb.

But the sound of her text tone going off immediately drew her eyes off to her phone on the stand beside her computer.

Her fingers stopped moving on the keyboard and her face held a look of confusion.

She leaned back in her chair, reading the message under the unknown number.

"Who is that.." she mumbled under her breath, confused at the sudden text from a stranger.

Salem picked her phone up and clicked the thread, responding back quickly.

'I think you have the wrong number.'

Within seconds bubbles appeared and a respond was sent.

'I don't have the wrong number Salem. I got your letter this morning.'

Salem's lips fell apart, the phone dropping down from her palm like it burned her.

'Now, like I said. Is that all you have to say to me?'

Salem could see another message appear on the screen. She didn't know why she was so shocked, but this felt like so much more than she ever expected it to be.

'Yes, that's all I have to say to you.' Salem stood her ground over the messages. But behind the phone her hands were slightly shaking it when holding it.

'Salem we have no definition just yet. But to me you're all I want. I won't define us for you, I won't define myself for you. I can only tell you what I think of you.'

Salem's heart pounded in her chest, the fear disappearing from her body in a fog. She licked her slightly dry lips. Ghost was patient with her, he was understanding. He didn't walk her around in circles, he never did. When she asked him a question she got an answer. Now could she do the same for him?

'Your lifestyle. How do I even like be okay with that shit? It's dangerous and I've never been apart of that life.'

'You've lived a dangerous life your entire life Salem.'

'What my parents did wasn't fucking me Ghost.'

'And what I do isn't you hmn?'

He got her there. Salem was frustrated because she didn't know. She didn't know where her and ghosts relationship would go, she didn't know where her future would be if she even took him seriously.