6

Court was in two days and once again Ghost had Salem up earlier than her body could handle.

"I can't stand you!" The girl said aggressively into her phone. Mikey watched her from the mirror in the driver seat, staring at the girl who had a pout on her lips unlike the aggressive way she'd spoken into the phone.

"Can you just chill out? You'll have all the time to take a nap when you get home."

Ghost was patient with Salem, he knew the girl meant no harm with her words and he wasn't the type of man to cry about shit like that. He listened to her take a deep breath, gathering herself in the back seat of the car he sent.

"I just wish you would've told me sooner. I would've went to sleep earlier."

"You would not have went to sleep earlier Salem." Ghost knew of the girls sleeping habits, she stayed up late nights and slept in early mornings. It's what worked for her and he didn't plan on changing that until something came up today.

"But." Ghost started. "I understand, I should've told you sooner but it just came up. We'll talk more when you get here hmn?"

"Okay."

"See you freckles."

Now a blush rose to the girls cheeks, she was glad he couldn't see her face.

"See you ghost."

Salem clicked her phone off, pressing it down into her thighs. She picked her head up, looking at Mikey who was already looking at her.

"Don't give me that look." She rolled her eyes, making the man slightly chuckle and face back forward.

Salem didn't know why Ghost wanted her to come down to the jail. But she'd soon find out.

Thr girl was checked in, her body scanned and anything she had on her was taken or already left in the car.

Mikey stood close behind her, the same happening to him but he made sure they didn't touch her in no extra ways.

The both of them made their way forward, being lead by a guard to a room. The door was opened with a key and was held open by the guard.

"Thank you." Salem said, her voice making Ghost and his lawyer turn their gazes to her.

Mikey remained at the door as it closed behind them. Salem went and took a seat in the only chair left which was directly next to Ghost.

Nobody said nothing at first, clearly waiting on her to speak up but she didn't budge. The girl looked at all the men in the room, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"I need to ask you a favor." Ghost spoke from beside her, calling her attention with his tone but just his voice alone. He was serious about whatever he was about to ask her for.

"What is it?" The girls brow inched up a tiny bit, curious to know.

The lawyer leaned forward, opening a file ahead of the two on the other side of him.

"We want you to be apart of the case. To get Mr. Everhart out of jail. You can make this process so much easier."

"Now how can I do that?" Salem was no longer looking at the lawyer, she was looking directly at ghost for answers.

"All you have to do is tell the courts how we were together the night of my cousins murder. Be my alibi."

Salem could feel her lips twitching. She looked at the lawyer out the corner of her eye.

"Will I have to testify?"

"You will." Salem took in a deep breath, her eyes fluttering closed with anger building in her body.