16

Salem sat beside Ghost on the bed. The man was still asleep. Her feet were pressed to the floor boards while her ass remained seated.

She also had his gun in her palm, the safety clicked off and her finger hovering over the trigger.

She didn't jump when Ghost lifted from the mattress, clearly done sleeping. She thought she wouldn't be affected by him but she was as soon as his lips touched her shoulder.

Salem immediately stood up, betraying those feelings.

"Freckles?"

Ghost questioned, the girl still facing away from him with the gun pressed to her thigh.

She turned to face him and raised it between his eyes.

"Get the fuck out Dante."

Salems bottom lip shook but other than that her face was clear of emotion.

Ghosts gaze flicked from her eyes and down to the gun pressed between his own. His lips sealed together while his nose released a deep breath.

"Salem..."

"No don't give me that shit." Salem nudged the man's head with the gun, pressuring it into his skin and letting him know she was serious.

"You make me sick! Got me in bed with you while you the bitch who put my daddy in jail."

Ghost shook his head slightly, holding back a grin. The girl was just like her parents in some ways. No matter how different she was from them, when she was angry the true part of her came out.

"Get the fuck OUT!"

Her finger shook against the trigger but she didn't pull it. She backed up as Ghost raised from the bed. She had to keep her eyes on his, not letting them wonder down to where she knew he was naked.

He stood right in front of her, gun pressed to his head and casually got dressed. He pulled his boxers onto his waist. Salem could hear the slap, her finger faltering off the trigger but she quickly put it back there.

Then he put his shirt on and strapped his belt to his waist, the sounds making Salems toes curl slightly.

"If you'd just hear me out.."

"Just go." She said, now walking behind him as he neared the front door.

"Don't come back." She warned as he opened her front door. Ghost stood outside the girls door, gazing directly at her.

"I will come back to you Salem."

"Fuck out my face." The girl slammed the door and she locked it behind her. She dropped his gun on the table next to her door and pressed her hand to her mouth.

Salem began to cry. Crying directly into her hands. The girl held back her whimpers, her heart pounding as she shook against the door.

Ghost stood on the other side, listening in closely and shaking his head. He knew this would happen either way, he just wished it didn't hurt her so much.

The next day.

"Who is itttt!" The girl was yelling from her bedroom. Her head cocked to the side as she brought a chocolate to her lips. Ghost brought her these. Made sure his men dropped them off last night and informed her that she was still well protected.

Wasn't that so fucking sweet of him hm?

She wanted to deny them, wanted to throw them in the guards face. But it wasn't his fault for her anger. So she took the chocolates and had been sucking them down all evening.