7

One minute Salem was seated, the next she was under Mikey's arm and being held down as gun shots flew around the court room.

The girls head cocked back, trying to see Ghost, trying to see if he was okay. But all she could see was people swarming around trying to get out.

Mikey was efficient, he'd pushed past anyone in his way and made sure she was out of the room and in the back seat of the truck in under two minutes.

Salem didn't know what to say, what to do. Her jaw felt like it was shattered, it wouldn't connect with the top of her mouth. Her mouth was just permanently held open. She turned her head to face the window, watching the people run out.

In the crowds she spotted someone, someone unmoving with a black ski mask on their face. All she could see was eyes, dark eyes that were intent on finding something and once it did, Salem realized it was her.

"Mikey-" the girl called but she was to late, bullets started to fly at the window and she immediately ducked, a scream leaving her lips as the car was jerked and they were leaving the area at high speed.

Salems shoulders shook, her eyes sealed closed as she remained pressed to the floor of the car. She wouldn't move and Mikey didn't want her to. He'd rather die than have anything happen to her.

"I'm sorry Salem but you can't go home. I have to get you somewhere safe."

"Okay. Okay." She nodded. "Just-just please get my dogs for me? If you're taking me somewhere I don't know how long I'll be away and they can't be alone."

"Don't worry I'm handling that now. I promise they'll be just as safe as you." Salem gulped, her head nodding but she knew Mikey couldn't see that since it was pressed to the ground.

She had to take a deep breath, gather herself on what just happened. She came up from the floor, her back pressed to the seats and her head lulled to the side, facing where bullets had tried piercing the bullet proof glass. Where bullets had tried to kill her.

Hours later.

They switched cars thirty minutes into the ride. Now Salem sat beside Mikey in a black Porsche. They had been driving for two hours now and she knew nothing of where they were going.

She knew they were still in the city, going deeper into it if that was even possible. She thought she'd seen so much but she'd seen nothing clearly.

Women walked with birkin bags in their palms. Young girls leaving the channel store with bags and goyards on their shoulders.

Men dressed in suits, some dressed in their finest polos and slacks to match. They all looked clean, like they belonged in such a space to spend their evenings.

She watched as the high end shops passed. Buildings surprising them, some food places and even some apartments.

They'd been stopping at one of the apartments. The car stopping in front of the doors and Mikey got out, coming around and opening the doors for her.

"Your dogs will be waiting for us upstairs."

Salem nodded, exiting the car and following behind Mikey. She saw from the corner of her eye a young boy getting in and driving off with the car.

"How do you trust someone with your car like that?"

"Reputation makes you not worry about such things like that. I only worry about what happened today."

Salem nodded, now following along with Mikey in silence.

The building had many floors, she'd assessed the 60 levels when they got into the elevator. And as expected number sixty was picked as their stop.