23

"Go to sleep Salem."

This was the third time she'd tried reaching for her phone tonight. Every time she thought ghost was finally sleep he'd remind her he wasn't by calling her out for sneaking her devices.

All this week in the hospital he'd been getting her into bed by eight and sleep by ten. But tonight she was sick of it! She'd be leaving the hospital soon anyways but he was still being so damn strict.

"Can you just stop it! I just want to watch a little show or something goodness."

Ghost lifted from his spot in the seat beside her bed. He clicked the lights on from beside her and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Why are you yelling Salem? Am I yelling at you?"

"No but you won't let me do any fucking thing."

Ghost took a deep breath, reminding himself to be patient before speaking.

"I won't let out do anything? I won't let you hurt your eyes by looking at your phone in the dark hm? Squinting to see a screen when you should be resting. Now how will that help you?"

Ghost raised his hand, pressing it to the side of Salems cheek to which she leaned right into his touch.

She took in a deep breath, knowing that everything he did was in good riddance. Why was she being so difficult?

"I know baby." Ghost leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"You'll be home soon. You'll be able to do whatever you want very soon. It's a lot and I need to be easier on you."

"No no.." Salem shook her head. She was being hard on him to. "I know you're just trying to take care of me. That's all you've been doing since the day I met you."

"And I'll never stop." He kissed her head again, easing her back down to the bed so she could get some sleep. Salem let him but she also pulled his arm around her body, wanting him in the small hospital bed with her.

Ghost gave her what she wanted, his large body crowding around the back of hers as his head rested in her neck. He listened to the sounds of monitors beeping around them, all of them connected to her to make sure she was in her greatest health, or at least growing to it.

"I promise you'll never be alone."

Salem played with Ghosts fingers, nodding at his words. She sealed his large palm around her own and gave them a sweet kiss.

"I promise the same. We're stuck with one another."

Ghost grinned, his eyes remaining on the side of Salem's face as she closed her eyes. She was asleep within five minutes. That's how he always knew she was tired, she so easily went to sleep. He took the time to watch her, listening to the beeps in the room and making sure they were normal.

Finally he let his mind settle, his heart rest and his body followed soon after. Ghost and Salem slept in one another's arms, tucked away in a hospital bed. They'd made a vow to one another and had no plans on going back on it.

The next morning.

"Thank you so much for your help but I am so ready to go."

The nurse who'd been watching over Salem giggled. The women watched as Salem slid her signature neatly across the paper.

"You're officially able to leave."

"Great! Hope to never see you again."

"Same. You be healthy!" The nurse leaned down and gave Salem a hug. Salem of course cringed on the outside but didn't shy away from the hug. Soon Ghost was behind her wheel chair and he'd began wheeling her out the hospital.