18

"Dante are you listening?"

Ghost dragged his gaze to his father across the table. The man's mouth was once open but it was now sealed closed under his son's dead gaze.

Ghost placed his palms down on the table, raising up and casting his gaze over everyone making them now be silent.

"Is everyone ready? I want all of you at that fucking warehouse within the next hour."

There was no room for arguments.

"Yes boss." Ghost leaned up, picking his gun up off the table along with another for extra protection. His men raised from their seats and began to head out.

Just as he was about to follow them a hand was placed on his shoulder. Ghost looked to the side, his lifeless gaze casted upon his father.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Why are you questioning me?" Demarcus lips were sealed closed once again. His son easily shutting him up.

"Stay like that. Quiet went it comes to my women"

Then Ghost left the room, his large frame seen retreating with men following behind him.

Black trucks were filled and guns were loaded, Ghost wasn't sure of anything. Mikey could just be at a warehouse, Salem could've just ran away from him. They couldn't have even been together for all he knew. But something in him, something inside his soul told him where she was and he needed to get her back.

Meanwhile...

Salem watched from the floor as a leg was reeled back. She kept her gaze on it, watching as a strong boot came forward. She was so weak she couldn't even give a reaction, she couldn't even care for the boot heading straight for her face.

The tip dug into her nose first, shoving the bone into itself and making it crack. A whine slipped from the back of her throat just another boot came from behind. One she couldn't even prepare for.

Her head had already been hit with a hammer days ago and now it was bleeding again with yet another wound.

Her body began to shake against the floor, her eyes falling closed and her head felt like it was pounding. Another blow was sent to her ribs. Stuffing the hell of a boot directly into them until a crack was heard.

Salems mouth opened in a scream but no sounds came out. All you could hear  was the blood gathering at the back of her throat. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head just as she broke out into a scream, finally the pain flew out her mouth, blood spattering onto the floor directly from her throat.

Salem was grabbed by her hair, her head yanked back as her lips trembled, blood coated on them.

Salem stared at Luca, a grin forming on her bloody lips.

"You just don't give up do you....where's my fucking money Salem?"

Luca spit on her face. Salem closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before opening them back up.

"In an offshore account under the name Mara Blake."

Then Luca dropped her head making her forehead crack down onto the cement. Salem groaned, closing her eyes as the room went silent around her.

"Find that account now. We will kill her once it's confirmed."

Then people left the room. Salem knew she was now alone. She stayed against the floor, it was cold here and it soothed the wounds decorating her body. She didn't know how long she layed there, she didn't know when she went to sleep or when she woke up in a bed.

A groan left Salems lips, a very quite sound in the very quite dark room.

She raised her wrist, letting it dust across her aching head. She could feel bandages on her head.

The girl opened her palm and felt around her head. She didn't stop no matter how many times she winced at the feeling of touch there.

"You're hurting yourself." A voice said.
Salems eyes felt weak but she opened them good enough to see Ghost at the bottom of the bed she was in.

"You found me?" Salems words were muttered lowly, she felt no need to speak loud and proud. She felt like she finally could let go, she finally could break

"I found you." Ghosts head nodded, as if he had to remind his own self that he found her. His eyes were still on his lap. Staring at nothing.

Salem placed her hand on his shoulder, making his gaze go to her. It hurt to see her like this, he could see the pain in her eyes. He could see it all flooding through her like a current. This sight told him that she held strong, that she didn't let anyone see her like this but him.

He was greatful but didn't want to see it like this. He took Salems hand and raised it to his lips, kissing it gently.

"I want to sleep now..."

Ghost nodded, holding her hand in his still. The girl slid her hand down his neck, urging him to come to bed with her. Ghost nodded, getting next to her mostly bandaged body and holding her close as gentle as possible.

They said nothing else to one another. Just rested there. But Ghost didn't sleep that night. He watched Salem the entire night, making sure she was there. Making sure she was really there.

He was going to kill Luca. He was going to kill Mikey. He was going to kill each and every person who put their hands on her. And after that he's going to marry Salem. He's going to make her his bride and he'll be her groom.

When the sun rose Salem was awake. She couldn't see the sun but she knew it was up for some reason.

"Ghost."

"Hm?"

"Open the curtains."

The man got up from the bed. He hadn't expected her to wake up so early but he wasn't complaining. He followed her orders and spread the curtains, allowing the suns light to sink into the space and cover the entire room in its light.

The light easily went on Salems face. She let out a deep pleased sigh, loving the feeling of it on her skin after being without it for so long. She licked her lips, turning her gaze to where Ghost was standing on the side of the bed. He didn't say anything but she had things to say.

"It was Mikey. He tried to kiss me and I kicked his ass. He had two other men come in my house and they hit me with a hammer in the head. I woke up in that warehouse you found me. They kept me seated for days until a man named Luca came. He broke my nose, had another man break my ribs. Both with their feet. He slapped me, punched me and spit on me."

Ghost nodded, reaching out and taking her hand. She squeezed his palm.

"I want them dead. I can tell you faces but I don't care I just want anyone who even knows them dead. Their families, the people they love, all of them dead."

"And they will be. I guarantee it."

Ghost brought her hand up to his heart, holding her palm there. Salem nodded, trusting him because she knew he did care about her. She leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

__________________________________

1234 words.

What do we think abt this chapter?

Leave comments!!

My social medias:

Instagram: winniewritess
Pinterest: @namingwinnie
Twitter: @winniewritesss
TikTok: @winniewritess

you definitely want to follow to see all my book pictures and inspo + sneak peak of new books/ books to come/ current books