5

Salem didn't know what you wore to court. She stood in her room Wednesday morning, up earlier than she'd ever been since high school.

Why was it so hard to find an outfit for court? She'd been many times sitting behind her parents and even standing on trial to testify for them, to try and save them. That was futile.

She hadn't been in a court room in years, and now she was going for a man who was so sure that he was getting out. Would he? Would the law bend for a man of such power? Was his standing so strong that he could do just a thing?

Salem couldn't belive it, she had to see it happen in order to know it would. She watched her parents get sent away by the law for the rest of their lives, she couldn't see it giving him anything better.

"Fuck this shit." She threw the button down off her arms, making her way to her closet. She took out one pair of her many low rise jeans. She doubted there was a pair of jeans in her closet that went over her belly button.

Salem put on a grey long sleeve top that dipped down in the cleavage but she didn't have much breasts so it looked covering enough for court.

"This all I got." The girl shrugged, picking her phone and shoulder bag up.

Boat and Mouse were on there leashes waiting at the door. Salem told Ghost she wouldn't be attending if they weren't by her side. She didn't know how but he managed to let the courts bring these two in.

A smirk wouldn't leave her face as she sat patiently on the arm of her couch, waiting with her dogs for her ride to show up.

A couple minutes later she heard a knock at her door. She gathered the two leashes in her palm and opened the front door.

On the other side was a man dressed in a clean black suit. He looked to be middle aged and clearly well fit.

"Ms. Woods?"

"Yes." Salem responded and the next thing she knew her and her dogs were riding in the back seat of a black truck.

She looked out the tinted windows, watching as they left her neighborhood and made their way to the court house.

Salem didn't feel nervous the entire ride, she didn't even feel nervous when she gathered her dogs, got out the car and made her way inside.

"I will be leaving you now Ms. Woods but you will be with Mikey."

"And who's that?" Salem questioned, her brows furrowed in as she was now outside the court house, holding her two dogs.

"That would be me Ms. Woods."

"I'm sure you both know my name. Can you please call me Salem."

Mikey had to hold on a grin. This girl was even more similar to boss when she spoke.

"It's nice to meet you Salem."

"Same to you."

She was eyeing him, trying to figure him out. Smart women.

"Me and you will be going around back. We want anyone going in to avoid all the press as much as possible."

Salem nodded, she could agree with that. But press? She hadn't known how big this whole thing would be. She shouldn't have assumed it was private anyways after all the news about it this week.

Salem followed behind Mikey, both her dogs sticking close to her as they made their way inside a side door that was around back.

Guards were inside waiting to check people who came in. As they all made it through clearance she was lead to the court room. For the most part it was still empty and she was seated right up front.