14

"You don't think this is too much?"

Ghost sighed, slightly dragging his hand down his face for the hundredth time.

"You're my future wife and the public have already seen us together."

"But this is your day. I'm not your wife yet I feel like I shouldn't be here."

"We're already here freckles come on."

Salem sank her teeth into her bottom lip. Both her and Ghost exited the black truck and she was easily stuck to his side.

Today he was opening a new casino. He said it was in collaboration with a very powerful man but that meant nothing to Salems interest.

All she wanted to do was play the games and win some money but of course he reeled her in to being by his side as he cut the ribbon allowing the public inside.

"You'll meet my business partner too. His name's Caine."

"Whyyy do I have to meet him." Salem was rolling her eyes, the social anxiety in her creeping up her spine. But she also felt comfort from the hand rested against her back.

"You're important to me and he's also a friend. I want you to meet him because you matter to me."

And all she could do was fold into his body and nod her head. His words always reassured her, always gave her a different perspective by allowing her to look into the man's emotions through his eyes.

They went through the back doors of the casino, the entire place was busy but organized. Workers walked around with smiles along with faces of nervousness for the night to come. Everything looked to be ready to go but of course there would always be things that needed to be done.

As Ghost lead her to the bar, a man stood having a conversation with a worker. The worker gave him a polite smile before heading off.

The man and Ghost dapped one another up and Salem could tell this was the Caine he had been speaking about.

"Caine this my lady Salem."

"It's nice to meet you Salem." The man nodded his head, not offering a hand or a hug. Salem examined him and immediately noticed the blinded ring on his finger.

The girl nodded back out of respect, a grin on her lips. He was a very loyal man clearly and he was sure Ghost would be no different in his place.

"It's nice to meet you too."

Caine nodded. Before anything else could be said both men's phones began to ring. They pulled the devices from their suits then looked at one another.

"Time to open."

Ghost squeezed Salems hand now, bringing the girl along as they tracked through the casino.

They were soon at the front doors where people stood outside. Some being people of reviews, more being press along with greedy people in the area who couldn't wait to get their next rush of dopamine.

Cameras flashed as the doors began to open. The party of there stepped out. A large red ribbon in front of them and many guards off to the side.

Both Ghost and Caine spoke briefly to the people and soon a woman came up and cut the ribbon.

"Welcome inside." Both men said. Ghost pulling Salem to him and leaning down, pressing their lips together.

The press took multiple pictures, cameras flashing all over. Caine stood off to the side, shaking his head worn a grin on his lips.

"Damn show off." The man said.

Salem couldn't help but melt into Ghost. No matter how bad she wanted to fight him because of the pda- she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

Her lips were eaten up, ravished by the man who only had eyes for her. His hold on her waist was tight, possessive as cameras flashed all around them. The man turned her body, turning his back to the cameras so they could no longer see her frame tucked in front of him.

Salem pulled her lips off his, her eyes watching as his mouth turned into a grin.

"My pretty women."

She was blushing, furiously more than she was before.

Ghost swooped her up off her feet with one arm, dragging the girl inside the casino and leaving the press outside.

Meanwhile....

"Do you know this man?"

Michael woods stared at the Italian man. His eyes moving down to the photo he had pressed against the glass.

Micheal only barely glanced over the image before his eyes went back to the Italian man's.

He crossed his arms over one another and remained still, still not speaking a word.

"Well do you know this female?"

The man slid another picture to Micheal. He knew who both was but his face still remained expressionless, giving nothing away.

"Well how about this hm?" The Italian man pushed further, sliding the new image across the clear glass. This time Micheal's gaze did falter.

The sight of his daughter swooped up in Ghosts arms unnerved him easily.

"Where the hell did you get that?" He was very vocal now. The calm man long gone and a father now staring down the Italian, wanting answers just like he did.

"You see it's so easy to get images. I mean with Dante prancing your pretty little girl around."

"You watch your fucking mouth." Micheal sneered, his lip raising slightly. The Italian man had a pleased expression on his face as if this was exactly what he wanted.

"You see I came here today Micheal because I thought you'd of course want to be informed that your daughter is sleeping with the man who put you here."

Micheal didn't say anything, his silence only making the Italian continue.

"And I'm sure your daughter would love to know of this Information. Maybe bring it up the next time you two speak? It's only right she learns of this now."

The Italian man was done speaking. He raised from his seat and garnered his photos.

"And what does her knowing have to do with you?"

"Nothing to be exact. But it'll help me a lot going forward."

Then he was gone. Leaving the man stuck behind bars to watch his departure. He didn't know what the Italian man wanted. What he planned either, but he knew he had to get his daughter away from Ghost.

__________________________________

1056 words.

This is a new chapter! We're back after a little hiatus. I really had to figure out where I wanted this book to go and I think I'm finally back on track. Goodness gracious, missed you guys. Make sure you follow my instagram for better updates on what I have going on! It's down below.

Finished this May 21 bro it took soooo long. I really lost touch with this story and ribbon but I'm trying because I know yall love this story!

What do we think abt this chapter?

Leave comments!!

My social medias:

Instagram: winniewritess
Pinterest: @namingwinnie
Twitter: @winniewritesss
TikTok: @winniewritess

you definitely want to follow to see all my book pictures and inspo + sneak peak of new books/ books to come/ current books