24

"This is just...all of this, crazy."

Salem was in a jewelry shop, in a wheel chair. And her soon to be husband was wheeling her around to see each and every ring her gaze landed upon.

"Should we leave?"

Dante questioned just as a ring was slipped onto Salems finger by the associate helping them.

The girls eyes lit up at the diamond. She twirled her fingers gently then raised her gaze to meet Ghost.

Looking at the ring she would easily say yes and put a stop to all this. But when she looked at him...god when she looked at him those words were immediately snatched from her brain and replaced with the opposite.

"No. We should stay."

Ghost grinned, Salem turning back to the associate with a shake of her head.

The associate removed the ring from her finger and went on to bring more out as Salem got comfy in her seat.

"I don't know what I want. I never thought I'd make it to this stage."

Dante nodded, listening in as he watched Salem lean forward to get a good look at the new selection brought out for her gaze.

He immediately knew she was done when she eased back into her seat.

"How about I take a look hmm?"

Salem was open to anything now. She'd rather just have a band on her finger and call it a day. She'd put her trust in Ghost and see what he came up with.

She watched on as Ghost asked for a few trays of rings. All of her size but different cuts.

He picked up a few from some trays but others he left untouched, only letting his gaze doing a once over. Soon he leaned down to one specific tray, one specific ring. He picked the ring up in his much larger fingers and turned it towards Salem's gaze, the ring sitting directly in front of her nose.

 He picked the ring up in his much larger fingers and turned it towards Salem's gaze, the ring sitting directly in front of her nose

Later on that night

"I look stupid as fuck in this wheel chair right now."

Ghost laughed, shaking his head but continuing to wheel her closer to his family home.

"I agree. But doctor's orders."

Salem reached back and slapped his shoulder, the roll to her eye being aggressive but it was nothing he wasn't used to.

There were many expensive cars parked outside, all being apart of Ghosts family. For Ghost this was normal, actually less than what he was expecting.

For Salem this was a lot. He had a lot of family, would they all like her? Would she fit in around here? She wasn't even blood. So many thoughts ran through her head but the one at forefront was her knowing where she stood with this family.