Chapter 4

Hermione sat in the back of the car, her fingers sifting through the tangled black hair of Amelia.

The girl was so happy to be within their embrace. To be part of the family again that she literally happily cried herself asleep. It certainly was a first for Hermione. She never thought happy tears could make someone fall asleep.

But Amelia did, making her parents carry her to the car while she was soundly asleep. Hermione sat in the back with Amelia, having her head in her lap while her finger soothingly went through the hair. The occasional sleepy snort made her believe she did it correctly.

Her parents watched them with content expressions, a wash of completeness seemingly filling their eyes. Hermione let the presence of Amelia sink in. She was here. Sleeping on her lap in a content and relaxed manner. One thing Hermione noticed is the rather thin legs and arms. Not necessary out of malnourishment but just the slim muscles.

They haven't seen proper use in years. No wonder it took so much out of her to walk around. It doesn't surprise her that she would be falling asleep. But Hermione wasn't worried. She was prepared. Hermione made sure to think of everything before coming to get Amelia.

A simple owl to Madame Pomfrey and Professor Dumbledore to ask for a potion to help Amelia recover. And they did send a potion to restore the muscles and stamina. Hermione was careful with her wording, but she got the impression Dumbledore was glad to help.

"Happy she is back, Hermione?"

"So, so happy, mum," Hermione answered without letting a second pass. The two smiled at one another while Hermione kept her eye on Amelia. There's something they see that Hermione did not. Not yet at least.

"Shall we get what we'd eat last, when we were last together?"

"I'd love some Chinese for dinner," Hermione grinned. It was a day on which many things went wrong. First dinner and then Amelia's collapse. A horrible day in many ways. But her hand went through the black hair again. Amelia is here and she felt calm.

"Alright, well, we'll get some then," her mother smiled, glancing at her husband again. Hermione wasn't paying attention to them. Her focus was on the girl that slept. The drive back was easy and Hermione couldn't really recall everything.

Amelia didn't wake up during entire drive. Only groaning and turning when on the sofa five hours later. One of her arms plopped over the legs of Hermione, seemingly wanting to continue sleeping.

"Hmm," Amelia groaned, her hand trying to softening her legs, almost as if to make her cushion fluffy again. It seemed the fluffiness she wished for wasn't coming. "Hmm?"

"I don't think my legs will become fluffier that way, Amelia."

"Hmm!?" Amelia's eyes opened swiftly. "Oh..."

"Slept well?" Hermione asked with a chuckle leaving her. The raven-haired girl grinned, snuggling a little into the warmth.

"Oh yeah, slept like a baby."

"Ah, we can watch the news again," their father said, smiling as he sat in one of the seats. He wasn't bothered by it yet did feel the glare from Hermione. "How are you feeling, sweetheart? Any better?"

"Pretty good. I feel happy now I am back home!" Amelia said, turning a bit while keeping her head on the thighs. "And can't deny, it's pretty nice to wake up surrounded by familiar walls, warm, walls. It's so nice to be home."

"We're glad you're home, sweety," mother said. "I have some tea, if you wish. But Hermione has something that may help, uh, in getting some of your strength back."