Chapter 25

Author's note: to those that read my idea notes... well, it's not fixed and open to be changed. And, well, good for you to see what may happen 😅. Also, the picture shows Amelia "natural" look. Yes, it's made within a game some may know.

Amelia thought for a moment, her eyes on the domed ceiling. There were a few things she needed to do. The classes were starting, so there were things to prepare and to do. Her first major obstacle: making sure all her plants were growing fine. But that shouldn't be a huge problem. It was mainly a problem because professors allowed her to keep many plants, very useful for her potions class.

That's the other reason for her trying to figure out a schedule. She was so focused on potions these days for Daphne that she had to make up for the other classes at night. A rather unhealthy, well, more like exhausting schedule to keep. A sigh left her. She just had to reduce her time on the cure creation.

Her thoughts were broken as Daphne entered with a newspaper in her hand.

"Amelia... You didn't have an interview, did you?"

"Interview?"

Daphne held the Daily Prophet out for her to take. What nonsense is this? An interview? She knew that a reporter was present when she was announced the winner. Unlike the four champions, she didn't get interviewed. Amelia unfolded the newspaper and glanced over the front page, her eyes bulging at what she read.

RETURN OF DARK INFLUENCES?

By Rita Skeeter

At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the famous Triwizard Cup is being held. A supplementary tournament was agreed upon by the three schools. This took the form of a Wizarding Chess tournament. In normal circumstances, an event that would have gone unnoticed, especially given the shadow of Potter's suspicious entry into the tournament as he deals with his emotional and tragic scars. For more details, see the previous edition of the Daily Prophet.

However, the event hid an important secret, one I am sure Dumbledore must have known about. The winner of the Chess Tournament was Amelia Black, a member of the family of dark wizards and witches like the mass murderer Sirius Black and Bellatrix Lestrange.

To those who do not know, the House of Black is a Pure-blood family and fanatical supporters of You-Know-Who. The most infamous one being Bellatrix Lestrange, who remains to this day in Azkaban. Her crime was so horrific it left people insane from the use of the unforgivable torture curse.

It appears one of their members currently is receiving education at Hogwarts, the very winner of this Chess Tournament. Yet the most important fact that is currently being hidden is her ability to speak to snakes. The ability the Dark Lord was famous for. I have spoken with credible sources that she was able to speak it. And can confirm Amelia Black is able to speak Parseltongue.

The ability has a dark reputation and is associated with Dark Wizards and Witches. It can be a sign of her future in which Amelia Black will follow in the steps of her infamous family. Will Amelia Black become the next Dark Witch? Is this a sign of Dark Times? And what will Dumbledore do in light of this revelation? He surely will be aware of the goings-on in the school. I will surely inform you once we know more.

"What a bunch of lies!" Amelia said frustrated, stopping to read what else she wrote. "Dark times? Dark witch? For Gods sakes, I love what you call a Muggle-born! You think the Dark Lord would love a Muggle-born? Never mind my Muggle guardians, who I very much love! I think he'd rather kill himself..."