Chapter 8: You're Terrible

Izzy, Kayla, and Lauren burst through their apartment after a long day of work. When they got in, they saw their boss, Walter. Who knows why he was here. He likes to randomly just show up in places.

"Darn it," Izzy whispered.

"What is it, Agent?" Walter asked.

"We wanted to keep our apartment a secret, but you found it!" She stomped her foot.

Kayla laughed, "Walter, how can we help you?"

"We need to talk about your new friend."

"What do you want with her?"

"You can't tell her anything about this program. Tell her nothing except what she needs to know for training and working here. Don't tell her anything about the powers she has, you hear me." He added that last bit looking at Izzy.

"I think she deserves to know what's going on!" Izzy crossed her arms.

"She can't know. It's the exact same thing that happened to you two," he looked at Lauren and Izzy. "If she knew the full extent of what she could do, we would be in so much trouble."

"She's going to find out anyway!"

"Not if you can help it."

"You're terrible."

The room went silent. No one expected that to come out of Izzy's mouth. She normally went along trying to be as nice and weird as possible. Not rude. If anything, she hated being rude. The room was in more shock when they realized that Lauren didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry?"

"She's got a point. y/n will undoubtedly find out. I mean, if those two can, y/n can." Kayla pointed at the two other girls.

"Yeah! I want to be able to groove with y/n. I can't do that if she hates me," Lauren said.

"Why are you three so persistent on telling her?"

"BEcausE! It happened to us two! And I don't want it to happen to anyone else!" Izzy stretched out the 'because' to apparently prove a point.

"Listen to me, you will not tell y/n about anything. If you do, you will lose everything you hold near and dear in your heart," Walter threatened.

"Bet!" Izzy dared him.

"Wait, that's not how that was supposed to work," he paused, "Do you understand me? You will not tell her."

"Yeah, sure." Kayla waved him out the door.

Izzy whipped her head around to Kayla. She shot her a quick questioning glare and said, "What the heck?"

"We won't tell her. He didn't say that we couldn't lead her in that direction."

"Oop, you do be the smart one here," Lauren said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm the backbone of this house," Kayla sighed.