Chapter Twenty: Where'd They Go?

Kayla ran through the headquarters, scaring everyone. Rarely did she ever run through here. She always walked, dignified and properly. She wasn't the type of person who would skip, run, or spin through the halls with bubbles in her hand. The other agents watched her run through the halls with wide eyes. She must be in a rush.

"Woah, what's wrong?" one of the agents, Betty, asked.

"I can't find Izzy or Lauren!" Kayla quickly explained her problem.

"Did you check their house? Don't they live together? Maybe they got put back on probation," Betty offered.

"No. I live with them. They weren't there this morning when I woke up. I thought they'd be here but..." She trailed off.

"It'll be fine. They're adults."

"They are, but they are so stupid."

Allison came running up, or more like flying up, to the two other girls in the hall. She looked just as confused and worried as Kayla. "You'll never believe it, I can't find Izzy!" Allison had no idea where she was.

"I seem to be having that problem too." Kayla quickly explained to Allison what happened this morning.

"I tried calling her to come look at my apple tree! She didn't answer. This is bad, isn't it?"

Betty didn't realize the gravity of the situation. Those two girls, off somewhere, with no supervision. That's a recipe for disaster. The group only had one question. Where did they go?