2~ Trapped in a cage

●───── ⋆⋅✧⋅⋆ ─────●

●───── ⋆⋅✧⋅⋆ ─────●

Vidyut prayed before having breakfast. It's been 3 days since he has been with his family.

His family is so big if he starts counting. But in this haveli only his father's and Kaka's family and his grandparents live. Rest come frequently on some occasions.

" You are already 26, Vidyut. We were thinking about your marriage."

Vidyut's grandmother, Kaushalya, started the topic. Vidyut did not say anything and just smirked to himself.

" We have seen a girl for you. She will be perfect for you. She has class and belongs to a rich family. She will match your standard."

Ratan said.

" Yeah, once he gets married then only we can think of our children."

His Kaki, Tamanna said.

Vidyut clicked his tongue and finally chose to speak.

" I am not marrying anyone you chose for me and-"

He looks at Tamanna and continues.

" If you are worried about your children's marriage, do it. They are spoiled enough."

" Vidyut!"

His Kaka, Ajay scolded him for being disrespectful to his wife.

" I will be eating in my room. Make sure nobody comes to my corridor. It's a warning."

Vidyut literally warned his family before standing up and leaving. A maid will bring his breakfast to his room.

On the other hand,

Ragini squeezed her eyes hard and touched her forehead when she felt it hurting badly. She blinked her eyes several times to bring her vision back.

She licked her dried out lower lip and sat up with a jerk when she recalled a faded memory of last night. She looked at the direction of the window and realised it was morning.

She rubbed her eyes, wanting to believe it's all a dream. Her eyes filled up and she looked around the unfamiliar place.

" My friends?"

She looked for her phone but found nothing. Tears stream down from her eyes and she hurriedly gets down from bed before running to the door to open it.

The door is locked. She banged on it, cried while screaming for help but nobody listened. She ran her fingers into her hair, not knowing where she was.

Don't know who those men were? What did they do to her friends? Are they safe? Where are they? Why is she here?- These types of questions clouded her mind and she felt like fainting.

" Papa..mumma.."

She whispered, not able to find a way out of this room. She went to the balcony but the window to it was locked as well. She walked to the bathroom but found no way to escape.