43~ Missing him a lot

●───── ⋆⋅✧⋅⋆ ─────●

●───── ⋆⋅✧⋅⋆ ─────●

5 years later,

Ragini felt someone pampering her face with kisses. Smile formed on her lips and she squeezed her eyes slightly then opened it.

" Good morning, badmaash."

( Naughty.)

She pinched her son, Atharv's cheek then pecked his forehead and sat up.

" Good morning, mumma."

Atharv said with an energetic voice. She got down from bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

When she came back to the bedroom, she found her son talking to his father's photo frame while laying on bed.

She shook her head and chuckled before going to the closet and coming back wearing a saree.

" Mumma,"

Atharv put the photo frame on the nightstand and jumped down from bed.

" Hmm,"

" Are we going to a temple?" Atharv asked.

" Yes, It's your father's birthday today right?"

Atharv nodded, then said, " Mumma, wear the red and golden bangles."

" As you say, little boy," Ragini said and wore the bangles her son chose for her.

When she got ready, both mother-son duo left for the temple.

Ragini stared at her son looking outside the window of the moving car.

Sigh left her mouth.

It's been 5 years.

5 long years since that haunting incident. The screams, blood, dead bodies- everything is still stored in the brain. Vidyut got his revenge but they separated.

During that incident, she was 1 week pregnant which she got to know as they went to hospital.

She still remembers the sad expression of the Doctor when his operation was done. His expression was not satisfying and that pierced her heart.

She cried every single night, yearned for him, stumbled on her steps many times but he wasn't there to wipe her tears, engulf her in his warm embrace and hold her.

He wasn't there to see her pregnancy journey, hold their new born child and see him growing up.

He wasn't there to remove thorns of sorrow from her paths.

Atharv resembles him a lot and listens about his father before sleeping. It has become his daily routine. He loves to talk about his father and a proud smile spreads on his lips whenever people praise him.

Her parents were here for her in her bad days. Everybody was here but his absence still clenched her heart. She pretended to show herself strong for everyone but only she knew how she was breaking from inside.