43

When New woke up, his whole body ached, and the tearing pain from the back of his tailbone was particularly obvious. His memory stayed at the time when he got into the car with Tay and left the bar. He could not remember what happened afterwards. Looking at the kiss marks on his fair skin, he guessed what happened last night.

The clothes were neatly hung on the hanger, but Tay was not there. New smiled wryly and dragged his tired body away.

It seems that the effect of the drug that night was very strong. New has not fully recovered after lying down for three days. But during these three days, he was also suffering. Although he liked boys, he never thought that the first time would be the one to be the bottom. This gap was really hard for New to accept.

Although he was sure that he drank more alcohol and it was very likely that he took the initiative, but Tay's behavior of running away after having fun made New feel more frustrated than being the bottom.

Before, he and Tay were in contact every day and talked about everything. Since that night, Tay disappeared. New finally got out of his love for Prem, but now he is trapped in the tangled emotions about Tay.

Prem called New to invite him to a party at Fluke's house, but New was in a lazy mood and said he was not feeling well. Prem only said that it was a gathering of familiar friends and that New must come.

New thought that Tay and Fluke didn't seem to have much in common, so he probably wouldn't show up, to avoid the awkwardness of meeting each other.

When New arrived, everyone was barbecuing in the yard. Looking around, there were only Prem, Boun, Fluke, and Ohm. As expected, Tay didn't come, and New couldn't tell whether he was happy or disappointed. He greeted them and took a bottle of beer and sat on the recliner in the corner.

New was in a daze, the beer in his hand was snatched away, and a glass of soda was stuffed into his hand.

New looked up and saw that the person in front of him was Tay, and he swallowed the curse that was about to come out of his mouth.

"Don't drink alcohol, drink beverages." Tay smiled, showing his white teeth.

"None of your business!"

"I'm concerned about you. Is your wound healed? It's probably not completely healed yet, so you can't drink alcohol now. Don't eat spicy food, understand?"

"Asshole!" New cursed subconsciously, and then immediately regretted being too loud. He stood up and looked around. The other four people didn't notice them, he glared at Tay and turned his face away.

"New, I want to talk to you..."

"Get lost! I don't want to talk to you." New thought of the grievances in his heart recently, and his anger rose. He stood up and walked to the others, pretending to be busy with a forced smile.

Prem saw New squeezed over, hooked his finger to Tay, and sneaked into the house.

After a while, New heard Fluke saying something and was pushed to the middle of the yard. Just when he was confused, he saw Tay coming out with a cake.

"Wow! Sneaker cake!" The sneakers on the cake looked like real ones. New's eyes were wide open, and his face was full of surprise.

Prem put a birthday hat on New. New then remembered that today was his birthday. Everyone gathered in a circle and sang the birthday song and presented gifts one after another.

"And this." Tay handed the gift to New. "Do you want to open it and take a look?"

New carefully opened the layers of wrapping paper and saw that it was the pair of sneakers he had always wanted.

Others only noticed that the sneakers Tay gave were exactly the same as the one on the cake, but in fact only New knew that when he talked to Tay about the shoes they collected, New said that he regretted not buying this pair and had been looking for it but couldn't find his size.

It seems that Tay remembered it. Don't know where he found this pair of shoes, and it happened to be New's size.

"If Tay hadn't reminded me, Fluke and I would have forgotten that today is your birthday." Prem said this casually, blowing away all the grievances New had felt in the past few days.

Tay hesitated, wanting to speak but afraid of making New angry like before.

Fluke was also smart, and felt that the two people in front of him were a little awkward and ambiguous. He found an excuse to call the other three away, leaving Tay and New with some private space.

"New... I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for what?"

"I'm sorry, I know that night I shouldn't have..."

"Forget it. Don't talk about it, I'm not asking you to be responsible."

"No, no, I am willing to take responsibility."

"You...are willing to take responsibility?"

"Yes, if you are willing to let me take responsibility. New, I am serious."

"Then why did you run away that morning?"

"That day? I didn't run away. I went out to buy you medicine, but when I came back you were gone. I thought you were angry, and I didn't dare to look for you."

"Really?"

"Really, really. If you think it's too abrupt for me to say I want to take responsibility, can you give me a chance to pursue you?"

"You don't like me, why do you want to pursue me? Haiz, I'm not a girl, I don't need you to take responsibility."

"No. I have thought a lot these days, and I found that I have liked you for a long time, but I didn't realize it. I want to take responsibility for you because I like you." Tay held New's hands in his palms.

The bright moonlight shines on the two of them, and New's eyes sparkle.

"New, give me a chance, okay?"

To Be Continue...