Ghost

Flashback 1 year ago 

I gently carried Mandy to my bed, pouting playfully as I placed her down as my wife joined us, urging Mandy to drift off to sleep. Just as my wife headed to answer the doorbell, the distinct sound of a gun's safety lock being released caught my attention. Panic surged through me as I swiftly hid Mandy under the bed. "Okay, sweetie, daddy's going to play a game. Stay quiet and don't come out until you hear no sounds, alright?" I whispered, giving her the ''keep quiet'' gesture. Mandy nodded, her giggles fading as she looked down at her thumbs, engrossed in the game.Silently, I made my way out of the room and into the narrow hallway. There, I witnessed a scene that made my blood run cold. My wife stood, held at gunpoint by a masked man, while two others stood menacingly nearby. My teeth clenched so tightly, I feared they might turn to dust. With caution, I revealed myself, my hand reaching for the gun I kept in my pocket. As the masked man whispered words to my wife that made her still, I aimed my weapon at one of them."I'd be careful if I were you. Wouldn't want your precious wife to get hurt, would you?" the masked man sneered, gripping my wife's face harshly, distorting her lips into an unnatural shape."We're here to collect your debt," a voice with a Russian accent spoke, sending a chill down my spine. Memories of that fateful day flooded my mind. "You remember, don't you? You owe my boss a hefty sum. Do you have it?" one of them demanded, raising an eyebrow."I... I don't have it," I stuttered, my voice trembling."I see," another one said coldly, using his gun to lift my chin, causing me to shudder involuntarily. "Well, you'll have to pay back somehow, won't you, boys?" The others grunted in agreement.The situation grew dire, and my gut sank. "Well, I suppose I'll just have to take her," one of them whispered menacingly to my wife. '' i love-'' , a gunshot rang out, cutting her off. I stood frozen, my eyes widening in horror as her lifeless body hit the ground, her vacant gaze piercing through me."No!" I mourned, my gaze shifting to the merciless men before me, my eyes filled with hatred. They callously laughed, reveling in their cruel act. "Daddy, what happened to mommy?" a small, innocent voice cried out.Their laughter ceased as they turned their attention to the new voice, smirking and taunting. "Well, sweetheart, your mommy is gone now, and you'll be joining her soon," they sneered. Mandy sobbed, and hiccupped  ''papa is it true?'', but a bald man blocked my path, preventing me from reaching her in time. The room filled with the sound of another gunshot as Mandy's body fell to the floor. I dropped to my knees, silent sobs wracking my body. Those heartless bastards....Their laughter echoed as they nonchalantly placed a circular object on the ground—a bomb. My eyes caught sight of a name on the explosive: "Morozov." I cursed under my breath as I scrambled out of the house, watching in despair as the flames engulfed the once-happy home, consuming the light of my life.I swore on my life  that Vaughn Morozov would pay for the pain he had inflicted upon me. Every second of his suffering would bring me satisfaction.