Alicia's pov

*8 months later*

It's been 8 months since Vaughn got shot, and we've been doing great. Vaughn has stepped back from the Bratva until he's ready to step back in, and we've been spending a lot of time together. And today's my birthday, and Vaughn has planned an entire trip to Italy, one of my favorite cities, with all my family and friends. He even booked an entire bookstore for me to cut my cake.

"Happy birthday, radnaja," Vaughn softly kisses me on the lips.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"I have a gift for you, everyone gather around," Vaughn announced, and everyone in the bookstore gathered around us.

"Here you go, happy birthday," he said as he handed me a book.

I carefully opened it, my heart racing with anticipation. As I turned the pages, I found a note that simply said, "Look down."

And there he was, down on one knee, a velvet box open in his hand to reveal a stunning diamond ring. My breath caught in my throat, and tears of joy filled my eyes.

Vaughn took my hand in his, his gaze locked with mine, his voice filled with raw emotion. "Alica, from the moment I met you, you have been my everything. You have shown me what it means to truly live, to love, to be alive. Your smile lights up my world, and your heart is the most precious gift I could ever receive."

He paused, taking a deep breath, and I felt my heart swell with the intensity of his words.

"I can't imagine spending a single day without you by my side. You are the other half of my soul, the missing piece that completes me. And so, with all of my heart, I ask you..." he took a deep breath, "ya chertovski sil'no tebya lyublyu Ty vyydesh' za menya, will you marry me?"

I couldn't speak, the tears streaming down my face as I nodded emphatically, my voice barely above a whisper. "Yes, Vaughn. Yes, a thousand times yes!"

 In that moment, the world faded away, and it was just the two of us, bound by a love so pure and true that it defied all logic and reason.