Alicia's pov

I looked around the bookstore with Sophia trailing next to me, a tiny basket in her hand holding the books I had picked out. "You know, he really likes you. I think he wants to marry you," Sophia said, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Not too fast," I muttered, feeling a fluttering in my chest at the thought.

The bell on the door rang, and I looked up to see Vaughn striding towards me. Without a word, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me deeply, passionately. Sophia made a dramatic show of pretending to be disgusted, busying herself with checking out the books.

"Did you get all the books you wanted?" Vaughn asked as we parted, his gaze burning with intensity.

"Mhm," I replied, a little breathless from the kiss. "Where did you go?"

"I had to go to my dad's to sort out some mafia paperwork," he said, a hint of worry in his voice.

"Uh, okay," I responded, unsure of how to react to that revelation.

"Are you done chit-chatting? I have your bag of books," Sophia interrupted, pretending to yawn.

"Thanks, Soph," I said, and Vaughn helped me grab the bag as I laced my fingers with his.

"I missed you," I whispered as we walked towards the car.

"Ya lyublyu tebya bol'she, chem ty mog sebe predstavit'," he replied softly.

"What did you just say?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

"You're annoying," he mumbled, a faint blush coloring his cheeks.

I giggled, leaning up to kiss him lightly. But Vaughn had other ideas, grabbing my face and kissing me deeply, his lips crushing against mine with a raw, passionate intensity that left me breathless.